Actually, it is. And I loved it!
As mentioned previously, Mark and I have a goal to visit all the temples in Utah and do temple work in each of them. Well, now we only have two left (Manti and St. George).
It was great. We left work only about an hour and a half early on Friday. We threw some stuff in a suitcase and headed south-east. We talked for a while, but then we started listening to the first of the Harry Potter books.
We got to Vernal about 6:45. We found what we thought was where we were staying, only to be confused with the one kitty-corner with the same name. (Yes, the same name.)
Our room was beautiful. And, it had a long bolster, much like a body pillow. It made me laugh because I always use a body pillow. Mark said, "I ordered that for you." Goofus.
We had dinner at the 7 11 Restaurant, a local place. Actually, like one of two local places that had food. All the others were chain restaurants. I got a chicken-fried steak. Mark got a half rack of pork ribs. Both of our dinners were messy and hit the spot. Each dinner came with soup, salad, and a scone. Yup, we were stuffed!
Next morning, we took our time getting ready. We had breakfast (waffles) there at the hotel. Then we went to the temple. We took a few pictures because we had just missed a session, so we had over an hour to spend.
The Vernal temple was absolutely BEAUTIFUL. I was uplifted spiritually as well. It was so nice to go and talk with Mark about the Savior and the plan of salvation. I felt my Heavenly Father's love. I am grateful for a husband who likes to please me by doing the small things and the big things for me.
After the temple, we changed in the next-door church where a funeral had just taken place. We tried going to the Utah Field House of Natural History, but they were closed. Sad. To compensate, I took a picture of the dinosaurs in front. I also took some drive-by pictures of the restaurant we ate at the night before, a giant beehive on a motel, and a giant fishing hook. We went to Subway and had ourselves a sandwich piled high with veggies for lunch.
It was a most wonderful trip. THANK YOU MARK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
8 comments:
I think the vernal temple is one of my very favorites out of all the temples. The history and red brick are beautiful. Nice job Mark for thinking this get-away up.
But I'm confused...didn't you get married in the Manti temple? You did work in it--your own--so shouldn't that one be crossed off your list?
What a wonderful week-end! I'm glad you had such a great birthday!
Sounds like a wonderful birthday weekend to me!!! I am glad that you had such a wonderful time!
what a wonderful birthday, you must have one thoughtful husband. i like your goal of going to all the temples, in utah, what a great idea, have a wonderful day!
FUN!! I think after you finish all the Utah temples you ought to do all the Alaska temples!!
For some reason I've always disliked Vernal very much. My brother who lives there doesn't like my attitude.
The temple there however is incredible! I was able to go through the open house and like you had the goal to go through all the temples in Utah, but I wanted to do it all in one year. I didn't get Monticello in the year's time because I totalled my car but I did make it the next year. That's a really great goal you guys have and it's exciting that you'll be able to add the two new Utah temples to your list this year as well.
The Dinosoar pictures are worth the drive. The best spot on earth is Vernal. Glad that you had a great time. I love reading your blog even though I don't always comment.
You know, I have never even been to Vernal, let alone the temple there. I like Mark too. You made a good choice.
Post a Comment