Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A Turkey, a Wedding, and a Doctor

What does that title make you think of? Perhaps of a turkey dinner where a proposal for marriage occurred...the marriage took place...and then the new wife had to go to a doctor [wink, wink]? Something like that, right?

WRONG! Hehehehe........

That's just a summary of the highlights from last week for me and Mark. But, the order is different than that.

The Doctor
I have been wanting to go to a chiropractor for a long time. My back is pretty annoying a lot of the time. I got a compression fracture on my 7th thoracic vertebrae on January 1, 2000. Since then, my back tires really easily.

I have also been wanting Mark to go to a chiropractor for a long time. He often complains about his lower back and about his shoulders. I don't know how to fix him, so I wanted a professional to have a look.

Finally, I convinced Mark that we could go. We went together. The doctor, Jeremy Wimmer, allowed/encouraged us to have our initial consultations together. Why? Because then we both know what the deal-e-o is with the other person. And so if one of us had questions about the other, we could ask it. It was very enlightening.

My back has a very slight curve to it. My neck is starting to go the wrong direction and it's very tight. Mark's vertebrae are starting to "step" instead of lining up. And, Mark's hips are WAAAAAY off--so much that you can VISIBLY see it on his x-ray.

So, we are both now seeing a chiropractor.

The Wedding
Two of Mark's friends from his last single's ward pre-American Samoa got married last week. Mark was very happy for them--he's been cheering for them for a while. They came to our wedding barbeque even--but only as BF/GF.

I think they were happy to see us there. Yah, it was good.

The Turkey
In all my life, I have never bowled a turkey. I have bowled two strikes and then a spare, but never yet a turkey--until this past Saturday.

Mark and I did a bunch of errands on Saturday. One of them included getting the tires rotated. While we were waiting at Discount Tire, we went next door to the bowling alley. We played one game, and I smoked my dear husband.

I don't think it was my best game ever, but it sure was a good feeling to finally get a turkey! Woot! Yah!

Too bad it only happened on the last frame. That means it was only 30 points instead of like a kajillion.

3 comments:

Mari said...

Sweet! Congratulations! At first I thought you had really bowled a frozen turkey at one of Mark's family events- like it was a family tradition. I'm really bright sometimes.

Unknown said...

lol! It took me a minute to remember what bowling a turkey meant! I was picturing you throwing a cooked turkey down the bowling lane. Ha ha! I've never bowled a turkey either. James is good at it though! I'm sure he has several times!

I need to see a chiropractor too, but admittedly, I'm too nervous about it to make an appointment. I don't like Dr.s

Viliami said...

I hope everything gets better for you and husband...those details about your back, his hip...ouch! Congrats on the turkey...and yeah, it does suck that it did happen on the last frame....but at least you got it!