Sunday, April 06, 2008

A Vacuum

First of all, I've always had a hard time spelling "vacuum" correctly the first time. Why? I don't know. Maybe it makes more sense to me that it should be two c's instead of two u's.

Ok, on to the story.

So, I bought a condo last March. It looks great. But, turns out, they put really cheap carpet in. I ruined the wee baby vacuum I had purchased for my last apartment by vacuuming this new carpet here. So, I decided it was time to invest in a better vacuum. I bought a Eureka at WalMart for $80. That's a load of money for a vacuum in my head...or, it was at the time.

This Eureka has turned out to be not the dream that I hoped it would be. In fact, this lousy carpet in my condo combined with a low-quality vacuum has continued to be frustrating.

I finally took the Eureka to a local vacuum shop here to see if I had ruined the engine, or if there was something else that could be fixed easily. The guy that helped me was really nice, and he explained a whole lot to me. He told me about the two main types of vacuums and what the benefits of each were.

As he fixed my Eureka, I developed a desire to own my own Simplicity. The price on a Simplicity is much higher than the Eureka I bought. But, the life expectancy is much better. And, the quality of cleaning is much better. In other words--the price is worth it.

Yah, some day, I want a Simplicity vacuum. A girl can dream, right?

5 comments:

Mari said...

I hope all of your dreams come true!

Kristie said...

I have never heard of a simplicity! Sounds good though. I had a bagless and didn't like it at all, but have loved my hoover windtunnel!! I hope that when you get a new one that you just LOVE it!

Marisa Jean said...

Well I have three vacuums. None are great, but they all work okay, so maybe instead of buying a simplicity, you could just buy three vacuums. Or not.

Tuesdee said...

If you remember my mom, you'll remember that she is the vacuum queen. She is the cleanest person I know. I ended up inheriting my grandmothers vacuum. Yes you heard that right "inheriting". It is a Filter Queen and you don't want to know what it costs!!! But I LOVE IT!!! It's a big canister vacuum, takes up SO MUCH space. I am thinking about getting an upright for quick jobs, I will have to look into the Simplicity... :)

Anonymous said...

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens. Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens. Long-lasting vacuums that faithfully clean. These are a few of my favorite things!