Well Grandma's "hospice" stay at the Nursing home ends this morning. I don't know how close we are to getting Medicaid approval, so we have decided that if we have to pay privately for a few days, we will. I could bring her home for a while, but I don't think that would be the best thing for her.
Yesterday she told everyone that would listen, that the doctor told her she could come home today. (I know for a fact he didn't.) I think it would be extremely hard to get her to go back if we bring her home.
She was a lot better yesterday - at times. We could be having a normal conversation and from out of the blue, she would say something so bizarre Tanie & I would look at each other, and wonder where that came from.
Her bruise looks a lot better, but still looks terrible. She still has a motion detector attached to her and when she's alone, in bed, they put the rails up and pads on the floor.
I'm not looking forward to my visit this morning, because she is going to be mad at me for not bringing her home. I'm not sure how her bed sore is. I asked the nurse last night, and she said she hadn't seen it for a couple days, but if the dressing is still on it, then that is a really good sign.
Thursday, April 03, 2008
Hospice Care at the Nursing Home
From Aunt EA's morning email:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment