Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Quaker Oats Scuba Tanks

I was eating lunch and finishing off a can of Spicy Guacamole Pringles and I remembered that people used that can when they mailed cookies to missionaries. Then I thought, "what can I do with this can." Then my mind took me back to being a kid when my Mom made a scuba tank for me from pantyhose (as the B.C.D.) and a round container of Quaker Oats (the tank) . I had so much fun with that. Imaganation is being lost with today's kids. Sometimes the cheapest, home-made, toys are the most fun.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Agreed. Other great "toys" from when I was growing up were things we found at the junk yard. That was back in the day when it wasn't illegal to snoop through the junk yard. Ah......fun stuff.

Anonymous said...

I love it!

Mari said...

We used to make zucchini submarines but I always used the quaker Oats cans for drums. That's a little obvious but they were still great! And I have to admit that I'm still easily entertained by the simple things. One of my favorites is turning the lights on and off while looking in a mirror and watching my pupils go big and small. This can be hours of fun!

Mer said...

Amen! I give Kainoa things like egg cartons and boxes and he can play with them for hours. He loves to play make believe. Kids are too over stimulated these days, t.v. cartoons and such make it hard for them to have imaginations. Thanks for sharing! Love ya, MEr :o)

Sherene said...

I loved playing with the oatmeal can, thanks for reminding me. K will love it too.