Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Putting Grandma Back in the Nursing Home

This is the latest update from Aunt EA about Grandma.

Well a lot has happened since Friday. We put Grandma in the Nursing Home in Ferron on Saturday Morning. Things went pretty smooth, but she thought she was going to school. She didn't want to be late, and she was wondering what grade they would put her in. I felt bad taking her there, but I know it is the best place for her, so I don't feel guilty. Saturday night she was trying to get out of bed, and fell. She hit her face and has a terrible bruise. They moved her into a private room now and she has to have a motion detector on her all the time, so they know if she tries to move from one place to another. They also put pads all around her bed, so if she does happen to fall again she will land on them. She has a pad to hold her in her wheel chair too.

We are still working on getting her enrolled in Medicaid and hopefully we will be able to get her approved so she can stay there. If it looks like everything will be approved, she can stay in Ferron. If there is a question about it, then I will have to bring her home on Thursday morning.

4 comments:

Mari said...

I have to admit that I didn't finish reading the post. I got to the part where she fell and stopped. I seriously can not handle hearing, seeing or knowing about older people getting hurt. I've walked out of movies, hung up the phone and yelled at people when any inkling of that shows up. I'm weird, I know. It's great that your Grandma has such a loving family to take care of her and I can honestly say the the nursing home in Ferron is the best there is. The entire staff personally cares and loves each patron. There's really no better place she could be.

Troy said...

I am sure this is so hard for everyone is your family. I hope that they are able to get things worked old with Medicaid. How unnerving that they are having to deal with them on top of trying to help your Grandma. It is so hard to watch our Grandparent get old.

Lisabella said...

Isn't it weird to be this age and have this happening? One of my grandmas is moving into assisted living this week. Another one has a live-in aunt to take care of her. And my parents all retire in 2 or 3 years! Crazy. But, as my friend told me, you know you're getting old when you don't want to shop at the Gap anymore....

Marisa Jean said...

That picture of your Grandma was so sad. It reminds me of my own Grandma that can't seem to stay in her bed, or wear her oxygen, or even drink enough water to taker her pills. I hope my family and friends don't have to see me in such a state, yet I know aging is inevitable. I think I'd rather stay 24 forever.