Friday, January 30, 2009

A Surprising Cereal Comparison

This morning I came across a surprising discovery: Malt-O-Meal Honey Nut Scooters are more nutritious for you than Kellogg's Special K Red Berries.

Don't they tout on TV how wonderful Special K is? Don't they praise the dietary goodness of Special K?

Well, doing a simple side-by-side comparison of the two products showed that while Special K has a few things of higher nutritional value, Scooters are overall better for you. Interesting, huh? I thought so.

4 comments:

Janet said...

My kids LOVE malt-o-meal cereal. I love your posts!

Michelle said...

Way to be an informed consumer. You make me proud.

Meredith said...

Did you also know that drinking one glass of orange juice is the equivalent of drinking 3 cans of soda?!...how is that possible?...but it is true...it's all the sugar they have to put in OJ!...

Mari said...

This is very interesting! They even have Special K themed diets. But then Cheerios always advertises that they lower cholesterol. I like the taste of Cheerios/Scooters much better than Special K though.