In honor of Chinese New Year, we had a little potluck at our house last night. No - none of our guests were Chinese either. We just thought it would be a good excuse to get together. Sadly, I didn't take a single picture.Mark humored me and we bought two simple decorations for the "party," a table runner with dragons on it and a "fireworks" centerpiece with Chinese symbols for fortune, wealth, health, and something else.
S. Reeder (her husband couldn't come) brought crab and cream cheese wontons; the Neikamps brought fried rice and fortune cookies (that we made after dinner--including writing the fortunes); the Hadfields brought orange chicken and white rice; and we made sausage wontons and egg drop soup. It was a perfect little dinner!
The sad news: Mark and I lost our first game as hosts. Yah, we're silly--but we like to win. We played Cranium. The Neikamps won. In fact, they kicked our behinds. Props to them. Sad for us. heheheh..............
Happy Chinese New Year!!!!
3 comments:
wow, what a great idea!
Your dinner sounds very festive! Making the fortune cookies is impressive. Although the year of the ox does not bode well for us goats. At least that's what it says online. And online Chinese horoscopes are always true.
I will forgive you just this once for not having any 'real' Asians there...only because it sounded like a nice celebration and that I know you in fact do really appreciate Asians. Especially me!
Post a Comment