Tuesday, December 30, 2008

12 Days of a Samoan Christmas

I experienced one Christmas while I was living and working in American Samoa. During that time, I wrote and recorded the song, "The 12 Days of a Samoan Christmas." It was played on the local radio station, KHJ, as well as performed live at several Christmas programs. Here are the 12 days.

1. An Umu from Tisa' Bar & Grill.



2. Two Taro



3. Three Breadfruit



4. Four Coconuts




5. Five Cans of Pisupo

6. Six Turkey Tail


7. Seven Large Valima



8. Eight Lava

9. Nine Aloha Shirts


10. Ten Tapa Cloths


11. Eleven Kava Bowls


12. Twelve Fine Mats

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Someday you'll have to go back and explain the significance of all those things!

Marisa Jean said...

I have no clue what any of that is. But I can see how the tune could be catchy.

Michele said...

How cute is your song? I love it! I am not thinking the turkey tail looks very appetizing though. :)

Monica said...

Yea - and Island Christmas sounds fun. Especially with this cold week we are having!