Friday, December 19, 2008

Christmas Decorations

We don't have a lot of Christmas decorations. But, I really like what we do have. We don't have a lot because (1) there isn't anywhere to store a lot and (2) there isn't anywhere to display a lot.

Merry Christmas!


I came into the marriage with most of this stuff.

* We picked out our stockings together a couple weeks ago. I like 'em a lot!
* I bought the tree when I lived in Virginia, with most of the decorations.
* We did buy "our" first Christmas ornament on our honeymoon.
* I bought the Indian nativity in Albuquerque when I was in graduate school.
* My aunt gave me the nesting snowmen a long time ago, she didn't want them.
* My parents gave me the white nativity when I was a freshman at BYU. I've loved it ever since, even if I have had roommates repeatedly break the ears off the animals.

6 comments:

Janet said...

Cute decorations!

Hannah S said...

Oh, I thought only small children broke nativity sets. I blamed my mother-in-law (yes, I know it's unfair) for buying a breakable nativity set for kids. But I suppose it doesn't change as they grow older. I don't think I was ever one of those roommates, was I? At least I don't remember breaking it. Or maybe I did and felt so guilty and didn't tell you about it and then made myself forget that I did....But I don't think so.

Kristie said...

I love all of your decorations!! You guys are looking very festive! Hope you have a merry Christmas!

Peggy said...

Hope you LOVED the concert, got home safely in this bad weather and I can't wait to read your post about it.

Unknown said...

I love your decorations! They're great! My dad would love that Indian Nativity! Merry Christmas!

Marisa Jean said...

I love the nativities! I also think you have just the right amount of decor. TOo much looks cluttery and too little looks strange. But yours is just right. For some reason this comment reminds me of Goldy-locks and the three bears.