Saturday, November 05, 2011

Follow-up to Zach’s Allergy Post

Mark and I just had an apple with peanut butter. As I was preparing it, I was thinking how sad Zachary will most likely never enjoy that. I love peanut butter and apples.

The other thought that came to me is something I’ve thought a lot about. When I was little, and I’d have a nightmare or feel sick, whatever reason I’d be up in the middle of the night, I remember sitting on my mom’s lap on the rocking chair eating a huge spoonful of peanut butter. That’s right, my mom, the rocking chair, and peanut butter. It must have been magic, because it is burned in my memory bank as a nighttime cure-all. Zachary will never get that magic cure-all.

Again, though, glad to know he has these allergies instead of trying to make him eat something that will make him really sick.

No comments: