Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Doctors, Doctors, Doctors

We have met with so many doctors and are meeting so many doctors since Emma has been born. Let me count them for you….

1 - My OB/GYN. He actually didn’t make it to the delivery, but he did show up about 15 minutes later. Honestly, I would have been shocked if he got there in time for the delivery since Emma came so fast.

1 - The doctor that delivered Emma. I mentioned before that I forgot her name. I had to ask the nurses to find out her name for me.

1 - One of my doctor’s colleagues. He came one of the mornings I was in the hospital to do rounds.

3 - There are three doctors that exclusively work in the NICU (at least, that’s what I understand). The guy doctor seemed more charismatic than either of the women.

1 - Emma’s pediatrician. Emma didn’t meet her until she was over four weeks old.

2 - Two of Emma’s pediatrician’s colleagues. Our pediatrician doesn’t work in the office every day, and we’ve made plenty of trips to the office for weight checks.

1 - An ENT at Primary Children’s Medical Center. We’ll meet that one tomorrow.

1 - A cardiologist at Primary Children’s Medical Center. We’ll meet that one next week.

Totaling this list: eleven (11) doctors. Adding the dentist for Zachary’s teeth gives us a perfect dozen (12). That’s too many doctors for seven weeks.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

That's definitely a lot! I had a friend that was constantly needing to do weight checks for her baby so she ended up buying a baby scale. I don't think it was very expensive, but I could be wrong. That might help you eliminate trips to the DR. Hang in there girl! Thinking about you and praying for you!

Unknown said...

Way too many drs. :(