You are already one month and three days old. Yup. Most of that time was spent in the stinkin’ hospital. Please don’t go back there again, okay? Thanks.
Most days I can’t see the change you have made from the day before. But, there are the occasional times that I look at you and think, “Hey! I can see that you look different than two days ago!” It’s kind of funny.
The most amazing thing to me about you is that I really think you have some control over your hands. I think you’ve had this control at least for two weeks—from the night you pulled your feeding tube out of your nose. I’ve watched you and I swear you hold your binky in your mouth, or take it out. I swear you have tried to get the oxygen tubes off your face. These things are not just once in a while—but they happen repeatedly. It’s so awesome! You are already amazing.
We hired my friend to take some pictures of you the Saturday after you got home. We’ve been able to see them and you look beautiful. I really think you are so beautiful. When you were first born, it was crazy, it was like I was looking at me when I was a baby. You looked like I looked in my baby pictures.
Oh, another amazing thing about you is that you already can move. Well, you turned clockwise 90 degrees Sunday afternoon when I had you on the floor. The picture here shows how you ended up, but you started out parallel with the stripes on the blanket.
Yesterday as I was looking at you, I thought, “Hey! You’re starting to look like your daddy too!” I think that’s great, especially since I have a hard time seeing me in Zachary.
You’re a very sleepy baby. Most of the time I have to wake you up to feed you. I don’t mind when you wake up and eat. It does make me sad when I can’t get you to wake up. I like having eye contact with you.
I’m so glad you’re home with us. Not only am I glad you’re home from the NICU, but I’m simply glad you are in our family. I already love the idea of having two children, two wonderful children.
Thanks for being my girl, my pretty Pearl.
Love,
Your Mom
2 comments:
She is so so beautiful! I am so happy that she is home with you. I'm sorry that you had to deal with so much stress. I can't imagine. You are such a great mom.
Wow, it is amazing how much Emma takes after you and Zachary looks like Mark! That must be fun to have one of each. I am so glad Emma is home with you. I was thinking about your family over the past month.
~Melanie
Post a Comment