Tuesday, May 17, 2011

How My Testimony Was Strengthened


My testimony was strengthened with the NICU experience, though it wasn’t something I’d ever like to relive and it wasn’t something I’d ever, every wish on anyone else.

One day, long into the NICU stay, my cousin texted me and asked me if I had any prayers offered in my behalf. I knew she was referring to medicine man prayers down on the reservation. I just responded to her that lots of people were praying for us. She responded what she meant.

She used to be LDS. I don’t know when she stopped caring about the church. But I know that her active service in the military didn’t help.

As kindly and carefully as I could, I responded to her. I told her that people were praying for us all across the United States, and even around the world. I told her that people all over the US were putting our names in temples. I told her that Emma had a priesthood blessing. And, I told her that Mark and I were praying daily for Emma.

I told my cousin that with all these prayers and through the priesthood power, we had received good feelings that our answer was that everything would indeed be okay. We just had to wait for the right time.

I really did feel the strength of all these prayers offered in our behalf. I really did know that Heavenly Father was aware of our circumstances. I really did know that I was supposed to learn something from all of this.

Yesterday, as I was finally catching up on emails from friends, the connection finally was made clear to me. The day that I broke down, the day that my mom came to save me, was also the turn-around day for Emma. Heavenly Father was keenly aware of me and how much I could handle. He sent me my personal angel and He also allowed me to bring my baby home less than 50 hours later.

Not only is Heavenly Father aware of me, but He is aware of you too. I know this is true. He loves me. He loves you.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Beautiful Testimony! Amen! So happy for you that you have both babies home now! You're a great mommy! Love you!