We live right around the corner from this little hole-in-the-wall restaurant called The Wing Coop. Mark went there the first time after Priesthood session this last General Conference with one of our friends from the ward. He's been dying to go back.We went on Saturday. We had a coupon to get up to $8.00 off. And, Mark has been talking about trying their challenge--their hot wing challenge.
This challenge is not for sissies. At all. Apparently, Mark is not a sissy.
What is the challenge? Well, first, let me explain their hot sauces. They have a range of hot sauces from mild to deadly. The mild is numbered "1" and their deadly is numbered "11." The challenge is to eat 11 of their #11 wings in 11 minutes without any other food, without any water, and without dying.
They actually sit and watch you eat the wings. You must eat all the meat on the wings.
Mark did it. His wings were not smothered in the sauce, though, which the owner gave Mark a hard time about. However, Mark just ate what was given to him. Mark's eyes were red. Mark's lips were swollen. And, Mark was sooooooo uncomfortable.
After he accomplished his goal, they took a picture of him (for their "crazy people" wall). They are supposed to give him a t-shirt, but they didn't have any handy at the time. So, they told him they'd give him 10% off until the t-shirts came in.
I told Mark he doesn't have my permission to do the challenge ever again.
Mark challenged me to take a test taste of the #11. I told him NO WAY. But, I did pick up one of his chicken bones and licked it. I said, "That's not hot." About 45 seconds later, the pain was upon me. I was almost dropping tears into my lap (or on my belly, whichever). My lips and tongue were blistering I was certain. Ice did nothing to help. I couldn't even taste my chicken tenders--and they had lost all their heat because I was already burning.
I will tell you--my chicken tenders were some of the BEST I have ever had. Soooooo good. And I would have got a different sauce (because I liked it better) but it was a little too hot for me. I highly recommend the Honey Habenero. I also recommend (the one that was too hot for me) the Garlic Parmesan.
It was definitely hot sauce...but it was worth it. They have someone there timing you, and when they said I had 6 minutes left, I had 6 wings to go and thought I better pick up the pace. I then ate the last wings in about 1.5 minute. The waiting the last 4 minutes was the worst part.
11 comments:
All I can say is hot in hot out, lol.
It was hot out....that is all I will say
That's CrAzY!! I couldn't ever do something like that. I don't handle spicy food very well.
Way to go Mark!
Mark--you're nuts.
What about the baby????
You guys are so cute:) I love reading all the funny silly things you do together. I'm sure you've heard this before, I think Mark is the boy version of you. heehee
Me and Dustin really like the wing coop...we've gone there a few times. I think on Tuesdays they have $0.50 wings :) Brave Mark...i would dye just smelling that sauce!!
That's awesome! Mark is truely a mans mans man! Well done. And now I have a new place to try. I love discovering new places to eat. And there's always room for more wings. Num num.
Mmm... You're making me hungry!!
Crazy! I like to taste hot things but not eat an entire meal of the hot stuff. I would have had heart burn for a week!
When we were younger and went out to eat my dad required that we all drink a cap full of Tabasco if there was some on the table. Oh the things we do just to say we did it. :)
Post a Comment