Wow. Last year I almost lost my Grandma Worthen. She was on her death bed right around the time when Mark and I got engaged. Then she bounced back and spent another year with us.It was about that time that I posted this blog about all the grandparents that I have, or had--as the case now stands.
On May 13th, Grandma Robinson passed away.
On May 19th, Grandma Worthen passed away.
And, just now, June 8th, I found out that Grandma Guymon passed away.
It was a surprise when Grandma Robinson passed away--though she hasn't been in good health for a long time. Both Grandma Worthen's and Grandma Guymon's passings have been blessings. I just hope that my mom will be okay. She's one of the sweetest, most tender people I know. She's been really sad about Grandma Guymon's state of being for a long time.
I told Mark when we first got together about all of my grandparents and that I would really like to go to all their funerals. When we were talking about where we'd live, it was a very important issue for me that he understood that. Gratefully, he does--and he's been extremely supportive.
I'll miss you Grandma Guymon!
Here is a video of Grandma Guymon singing a Utah State drinking song. I'll miss you too!
P.S. Here is a link to Grandma's obituary: click here.
3 comments:
Wow...that's unbelievable. All at the same time! Sending our thoughts and prayers your way. ;)
So sorry to hear about all of your Grandmas.
I seriously cannot believe they all were taken around the same time. They must need some wise, fantastic women in heaven right now. So glad you got the chance to have them in your life, and that we both know you'll have the chance to see them again. Let me and Jonny know if you need anything--I'll pass on information to the TWIX God if you need him to deliver a shiny wrapper to your desk.
Post a Comment