Thursday, December 11, 2008

Milo, the Puppy

As I have received a few questions regarding Milo, I will give a brief explanation.

Mark and I want a dog. We haven't sought one out, though, because of our current situation (that of living in a condo on the second of four floors and both of us working full-time).

But, Mark's boss's daughter has bred their labrador with their (full-size) poodle. So, she had these labradoodles she was trying to find a home for. She asked Mark if we'd like to "test drive" Milo.

We didn't do well with him. He cried the whole time we were gone on our date (which was about three hours). And then he didn't let us sleep either. At first we put him in the bathroom. He cried. Mark gave in and let him come in our room--but not on the bed. He cried. Then Mark let him sleep on the bed--until he started chewing on us and the bed spread. So, Mark got up about 4:30 and took him out into the living room so I could sleep and so we wouldn't bother the neighbors.

That's why I'm telling you we're not ready for that kind of commitment. :-D

We took him back on Saturday. We didn't last 24 hours with him. Besides, we couldn't have kept him any way, our HOA won't allow dogs over a certain height, and he would definitely be too big as a grown dog.

8 comments:

Elaine said...

Oh, but he's soooooo cute!

lrbodine said...

I call my dogs my "babies in training". They do take a lot of work and cry just like babies and are awake a lot in the beginning! I had never had a pet before so it was quite the shock to me when we got our first puppy.

Monica said...

That explains the "bringing home a puppy." Good idea to testdrive one. Sounds like he gave you a run for your money.

Unknown said...

He is cute!

That's exactly why I'm a cat person. They don't take nearly so much work!

Mark said...

If we had a yard.. we would have Milo. :(

Janet said...

He is so cute!!!!!!!! it was a little hard to adjust to bogie.
You guys would be great parents, it just takes a little getting use to. :)

Michele said...

Oh, cute little Milo went back? It's for the best, I guess. I was going to bake him dog treats for Christmas. Oh well, maybe you will have a dog by next Christmas and then I can. :)

Anonymous said...

well at least you gave it a try, he is a cute dog. they are indeed a lot of work, maybe the timing wasn't right. he was adorable.