Yesterday morning we had an Academic Affairs staff Christmas party. It was very nice. Lucille hosted it at her home in Holliday.
They have an "ugly" Christmas tree and asked us to bring an ugly Christmas ornament to add to their collection. I took two big plastic ball ornaments. They were from Victoria Secret and had perfumes in them originally. But, I put some scrap red and green ribbon in one and I glued wiggly eyes on the second. The eye-ball won! The prize was a bottle of their homemade apple juice--which is sooooooo delicious.
After the party was over, I went directly to the office to turn in my official resignation letter. I am no longer employed by the Office of the Commissioner of Higher Education as of December 28. Woot! I will now officially be a stay-at-home mother! I couldn't be happier!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I QUIT!
8 comments:
Wahoo!!! Congrats!
Congratulations. that is a big step and can be a hard decision. Good for you!
Congratulations!! That is so awesome! I remember going back to work after I had Teya. I had 6 weeks left to finish the school year (I was teaching at the time) Those were the longest 6 weeks of my life! I was elated when they were over and I could be a full time stay at home mom. I'm coming up on 4 years of mommyhood and for all the tough parts I still wouldn't trade it for the world! Congrats again, I'm SO happy for you!
yay! how fun is that?! ;) your sweet baby will thank you forever.
Yea!!! That is so fun for you and Zachary! I'm so happy for you!
Congratulations. I'm thrilled for you!
Still can't believe your eyeballs won my flying pig. He he...
We'll miss you around this place, but your job is much harder and a lot more rewarding. Congrats on the decision! :)
Congratulations!! I am so excited for you. Of course I will miss you, but I would do the exact same thing in a heartbeat. Enjoy your little one. Stay at home Mom - that sounds nice.
Post a Comment