Friday, December 11, 2009

My attempt to put Zachary asleep

So, our ward was assigned to help clean the Jordan River Temple last night. Andrea, because she is so wonderful, volunteered to help. The hours of need were from 10:00 p.m. until about 2:00 a.m. This didn't seem like a problem because during that time Zachary should be asleep. Should is the key word.

Zachary normally goes to bed between 9:30 p.m. and 10:00 p.m. So, before Andrea left, she fed him gave him to me to burp. I have helped put Zachary to sleep most nights, but this was my time to do it alone. Zachary apparently needs his mother and he screamed and cried for 1.5 hours as I tried to hold him or or put him to sleep.

I followed the pattern of Andrea and swaddled him up and put him to bed. He started to cry but I just waited to see if he would fall asleep. He didn't and I picked him up. Then only time he wouldn't cry was when I held him while I was standing. I couldn't sit. I couldn't lay him on the couch. A few times I got him to laugh. One time he was good while he laid on floor in our dark room while I wrapped Andrea's presents.

I finally put him back in bed after 11:00 p.m. and he screamed for 15 more minutes until he fell asleep. Andrea came home after 1:00 p.m. and I had just gotten into bed.

I told Andrea she can't leave anymore at bed time. I know Andrea felt bad for both Zachary and me. but I also knows she likes that Zachary needs her.

1 comment:

eclaires said...

Maybe if you had boobs...