Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Purposely Grabbing Things

A big thing happened today: Zachary purposely grabbed things. I've noticed him swatting at his hanging toys before--even purposely hitting them. And I've seen him grab them. But, this morning I saw him purposely grab some of them.

This afternoon, I held his toy keys up in front of him and he grabbed them! He reached out with his right hand (while his left hand and arm were kind of flailing around) and he grasped the key ring. Then he did it again, and again, and again. We did it for a half hour.

He also knocked toys over that I put for him to reach. I know they are too big for him to hold, so my intention was that he would hit them. And he did!

It was pretty exciting for me.

Something else that was great about this today was that his Grandma Hales was here to witness the whole thing. She was just as pleased as I was.

YAY ZACHARY!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh Andrea, that is soooo exciting!! I love it! Go Zachary!!! And yea for being 104! (105!)