December 25, 2009Dear Zachary
On Christmas this year, I would like to write you this letter to tell you how much I love you. I am so proud to be your father. I have waited a long time to be a father and it was worth the wait for you to be my son.
I remember the day you were born. I was the first person in the family to hold you. I also gave you your first bath. I was nervous but you got clean.
I love to come home to see you. I love to hold you and play with you. I love to sing to you songs and read to you stories. It makes me so happy to see you learn and grow each day. I love it when you talk to me.
I am looking forward to all things that we can do together as father and son. I want to teach you to read, to throw a ball, and to ride a bike. I promise to always be there for you to teach you, to love you, and help you.
Sometimes you get frustrated with me when you have gone a long without seeing Mom. That is ok, sometimes I get a little frustrated when I go a long time without seeing her too because I also need her. I waited a long time to have her in my life. Make sure you wait to find the right woman to marry because it will be worth it.
I want you to know that I have a testimony of the gospel. We have a Heavenly Father who loves you and loves me. He has provided us a way to return to him through the Atonement of the Savior, Jesus Christ. He has promised us that if we try to make the right choices and repent of our sins when we make mistakes, we will live with him again. I was so proud to give you a blessing at church. I hope you treasure those instructions and guidance from your Heavenly Father and earthly father throughout your life.
At this Christmas time you will be given a lot of gifts. I have given you a gift before you were born by loving your mother and marrying her in the Manti Temple. A picture of this temple will always be in our home to remind us of that eternal gift. By being married in the temple, we are sealed together as a family and sealed to your grandparents and extended family.
Again, I want to tell you I love you and that I am so glad you are my son. I hope you have a merry Christmas and that your next year will be full of fun and excitement.
Love,
Your Dad
1 comment:
I love this Mark. So precious. And so needed in the world he will grow up in this earthly life.
Post a Comment