Mark’s dad is on life support. Mark just left me about an hour ago to drive to Washington with his sister.What’s going on? The real short version….
Mark’s dad has been having lung problems the last few months. A week ago Monday he went in to have a biopsy done on his lungs, to make sure he didn’t have cancer. He doesn’t.
He does have fibrosis of the lungs. And, he has swallowing problems—which includes aspirating food into his lungs. They were going to put a feeding tube into his chest so he could continue living a pretty normal life—without aspirating food.
But, Saturday night/Sunday morning, he went into respiratory arrest. They put him on life support—a ventilator.
He had one up day since then. The following day was bad. It’s been pretty much the same since then.
It was a very hard decision for Mark to leave me. But, I am really of the opinion and heart, that this will be good for him. I think he needs to be with his mom for a few days. And, I think he needs to see his dad one last time—IF it comes to that. And, it may.
I am 36 weeks pregnant. But, I haven’t noticed any contractions. And, I haven’t actually had anxiety over sending him away from me for this reason. Of course I’m going to miss him.
How am I doing? I’m fine. I’m sad. Mostly, to be honest, I’m sad for Mark. I don’t have a long history with his dad. His dad is awesome. But, I haven’t bonded with him enough that I’m heartbroken. I am heartbroken that Mark is heartbroken. Mark is seriously the best.
I also must say that I’m glad to know about eternal families. The thing that made me the most upset was on Sunday night when Mark said to me, “I just want my dad to hold his grandson.” Yah, I want that too. Definitely. But, because of eternal families, whether or not Mark’s dad rallies, Mark’s dad WILL know this kid.
7 comments:
I'm sorry to hear the news. Our prayers will be with you both!
I'm so sorry. I love your thoughts on eternal families. I really admire you.
Give Mark an Extra Squeeze. I'm thinking of you both! **HUGS**
I'm sad to hear about that. You guys will definitely be in our prayers! Hope all goes well!
I am sorry to hear about Mark's Dad. Hang in there. Our prayers are with y'all.
Give our aloha to Mark. We love you guys. We remember seeing Mark's dad at the temple when you were married. Malama pono, Elder and Sister McQ
Much aloha to you and Mark and his parents.
Post a Comment