Thursday, August 20, 2009

Sympathy Belly

As mentioned in a previous post, Mark and I are taking a childbirth education class. We have one more session this coming Tuesday.

This past Tuesday, Mark was "privileged" to wear the Sympathy Belly. I quite enjoyed it--but he got off easy and got to sit most of the time. (Other men in the class have had to stand the whole time.)

But, Mark did get a question from a man over by the vending machines during our break about what he was wearing it for. Poor, poor, confused man. (Not Mark, the guy who couldn't read the label on the suit.)

10 comments:

Dustin and Christy Ericksen said...

HAHAHA...wow Mark looks awesome!! I wish our class had those so Dustin could try it out LOL

Elaine said...

Love it!

Marisa Jean said...

HAHAHA!!! I'm seriously peeing my pants. I need one of those for Jonathan when I get pregnant. HA!

Amber! said...

What a great idea! I shoulda made Dan wear the sympathy belly.

Crystal said...

Oh, that's great! I need one of those for my hubby! Sooo funny:) You should have made him try to tie his shoes wearing that thing. haha!

Jen said...

Gotta say...this isn't a picture I ever thought I'd see of Mark back in the day when we sat in the same section of carrels at the law school!

Unknown said...

Haha! That's quite a picture!

Nikki said...

You know, it's not really fair because while they look great on YOU, breasts and a baby lump really don't do anything for him. I think a better lesson for our hubbies would be to implant a balloon on their insides, blow it up so that all their intestines, organs and bladder are rearranged and shoved aside so hard that it breaks their pelvic bones (yes, mine broke)... and then give them something that makes them vomit without being able to exercise bladder control. The end.

Nikki said...

And they need to take estrogen until they go insane...

Mark, please don't hate me, I can't stop.

Dezi & Brock said...

Uh, poor man that can't tell what the suit LOOKS like. As if the fake breasts and belly weren't a clue...