Mistaken Mark
Brother Hales (that's my husband) was conducting sacrament meeting yesterday in our ward. He had previously warned me that I would be released from my ward calling as Young Women 2nd Counselor. So, I was paying attention for my release.
He got up to the pulpit and started with the ward business. "We would like to release the following with a vote of thanks for their work. Andrea Worthen as 2nd Counselor in the Young Womens program." And he continued with the names--not realizing at all what he'd just said.
Andrea "Worthen"? HAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!! I darn near busted up laughing right there when I was supposed to be reverent. My friends sitting beside me laughed along with me. Hahahah!!!!
He sat down beside the bishop. Not thirty seconds later, the ward clerk snuck up to sit beside Mark to tell him what he'd just done. Both the ward clerk and the bishop were snickering as they informed Mark of the mistake.
After the sacrament was passed, Mark got back up to inform the congregation of the mishap--and to inform everyone that we are still married and that I do indeed share his last name.
It was soooooo great.
The even funnier thing (he told me later) was that he had actually written my name on his agenda as "Worthen." He'd written it down that way so he could just read my name along with everyone else's! Hahahah!
Airhead Andrea
I sure gave Mark a bad time about that. But, not many hours later, I had my comeuppence.
We invited one of our really great ward friends (Melanie) and a new couple over for dinner. It just so happens that Melanie is the YW president. And, it just so happens that the wife of the new couple (Cori) is my replacement in YW.
My other calling is Stake YW Secretary. We've been planning for just under a month to have a training for all the new (and "old") YW presidencies throughout the stake. The training was at 7:00--or so I thought.
No. No it was not. The training was at 5:00!!!!!!!
We were all sitting around the table digesting our dinner and shooting the breeze when I got a phone call from the Stake YW President. "Andrea, are you okay?"
"I sure am."
"Um, did you remember that the training was at 5:00?"
"What? Serious? Oh my word! I thought it was at 7:00!"
"No, it's 5:00."
"Oh! Okay! I'm coming!"
I hang up the phone. "Uh, sorry guys--I have to go. The YW training is right now!"
I snuck in--kind of. Well, I didn't really sneak in because I was involved in the training! Melanie and Cori were about two minutes behind me to the meeting. When Melanie and Cori came in, they were asked to introduce themselves. They did and apologized that they were late--because they were at my house having dinner! Ha!
Right before I got up to do my training part, the training involved an example of delegation. The counselor used our presidency as the "delegatees." Somehow, she had managed to associate my name with the time and place delegation. Ha!
So, when it was my turn, I said, "I'm not sure you want to delegate the 'time" to me, Janet." Hahahah!!!!!!!
Oh geez.........
What a funny, funny day!
4 comments:
Hahahaha! This made me laugh!
What did you two eat the night before? Seriously...
But what I love even more is that HE called you Worthen. I could see you doing it, but your husband?!? That made me laugh!
HA HA HA HA
Poor Jill.
That is a hoot! Thanks for the laugh. I still get called Sister Lofthouse every time I go to mom's word and James gave me a blessing not too long ago and did the same thing. You'd think after eight years... lol
Post a Comment