
So I had a court hearing today, like many days. Today I had to defend a temporary protective order filed against my client. I was successful and got the protective order dismissed. As I was leaving, one of the Petitioner's friends/witnesses/members of her Bishopric walked passed me and said, "How do you sleep at night?" How do I sleep??? Well, I have the most beautiful woman in the world in my bed... so I sleep great... but that is not the point. I just laugh when people try to blame the lawyers for making their client's arguments.
2 comments:
Hey--thanks!
But, I think you sleep at night because you're not guilty. I mean, you're trying your best to do what is honest (or so I hope). I hope you wouldn't be able to sleep if you were being dishonest.
I agree with Andrea! I can't even imagine what you have to deal with, but I'm glad there are good people like you out there doing it! :)
Post a Comment