Saturday, November 08, 2008

7:00 am Shopping

This morning--Saturday--I went grocery shopping. Ok, so it wasn't quite 7:00 am, but it was 7:30. We woke up and went shopping. It was really quiet, just like I hoped it would be. And, all the shelves were stocked because they hadn't been cleared yet.

Generally, we sleep in on Saturday. But, I knew we needed to go heavy-duty shopping today, and there is no way I wanted to fight crowds. So, I figured first thing would be the best idea.

Mark wasn't very happy. But, it had to be done. And, now it is!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

andrea, i hope you don't mind i found your blog on ginger's. your so stinkin funny,i loved your last post. i had to share it with mark. hey if you don't mind i'm going to add you to my list so that i can keep in contact with ya. by the way, i would have done the same thing about getting up early to get the shopping done, i hate going on saturday, its always a madhouse. have a great week.

Lindsey said...

You'll find when you have two small children that hate to go to the grocery store that 7 am is the BEST time to go as well. That way there aren't as many people around to watch a 2 year old have a tantrum because he wants to pull all the coupons out of the automatic dispenser, or throw things out of the cart that you just put in....oh it's good times, I tell ya.

Word Verification: ex tush (what's up with that?)

Unknown said...

Way to get it out of the way. Hope you enjoyed the rest of your Saturday!

Marisa Jean said...

Early morning shopping is the best! I usually go around 6:00 now because if I go later than that, the shelves are empty, the lines are long and I'm grumpy by the end because of the insane amount of people in the store.

Janet said...

I like going early in the morning. It's my alone time!! Besides then i have the rest of the day to be with my family

Mari said...

I can't believe you got Mark to go with you. That's some early shopping! I've also discovered to never go grocery shopping at Walmart at 1:00am, it's seriously the busiest time at the store!

Kaye and Jared said...

You're crazy! Shopping most of the time wont get me up unless there are DEALS!!
I look forward to Saturday mornings already when Monday morning comes around!!

Unknown said...

i hate grocery shopping more than anything. maybe i would like it better if i don't have to take 3 kids. hmmmm.

Mac! said...

Ya, go for it girl. Get them groceries.

Carolina said...

Sometimes I wonder what it would be like to grocery shop on Sunday. Talk about quiet and calm. I get so tired of battling fellow shoppers for the last carton of strawberries. . . .