Yes, hamburger wantons.
Last night, Mark and I made a new recipe that we feel quite pleased about. Mark thinks we should call it "All American Wantons." Ok, we'll go with that.
About a week and a half ago I bought a package of wanton wrappers. We used half of them one Sunday afternoon. I've been mentioning that we need to use them before they dry out (that's what the package said). We finally got around to doing it last night.
At first we didn't know what to put in them. But, we improvised. And it was delicious. We ate them with ketchup and steak sauce. We will make them again, we enjoyed them that much. Since we only had a half a package of wanton wrappers, we only "wrapped" half of our meat mixture.
----------
All American Wantons, by Mark and Andrea
1 pound hamburger
1/2 onion, chopped
1 pound (1 large) potato, chopped
Your favorite seasonings
1 package wanton wrappers
Heat deep fryer to 360 degrees. Chop your onion and potato into very small pieces--very small. Use a food processor if necessary. Hand mix onion and potato with raw hamburger. Mix in seasonings (such as Italian dressing, salt, pepper, tobasco sauce, etc.).
Put one tablespoon worth of meat mixture on wanton wrapper. Wet edges of wanton wrapper. Fold over and seal by pressing together. Deep fry for 3 1/2 minutes. Turn over. Deep fry for 3 1/2 minutes more. (7 minutes total.)
Serve with ketchup, steak sauce, soy sauce, or any other meat sauce.
5 comments:
Sounds delicious, Joseph and I had a Wonton feast one day. Just experimented with all sorts of fillings. I don't know what it is about wontons but honestly tons of things taste good inside of them. I will defiantly have to try your "ALL AMERICAN WONTONS" Thanks!@
Yummy. I'm going to try that for sure!
that sounds really good right now! You guys are so brave to try to make a new recipe I just use other people's!
We are going to set our blog to private so send me your email or message me on facebook and I will send you an invitation.
Never made anything with Wonton's. That sounds really good though, I'll have to try it!
I honestly can't wait to try this! It sounds great! Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment