I won't be posting a lot regarding political issues, but do feel the following are important to share:
"The American people will never knowingly adopt Socialism, but under the name of 'liberalism' they will adopt every fragment of the Socialist program until one day America will be a Socialist Nation without knowing it happened." Norman M. Thomas, U.S. Socialist Party Leader
"The threat of Communism is very real. The threat of Socialism is even more real." Ezra Taft Benson, Prophet/President, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
"During the first half of the Twentieth Century, we have traveled far into the soul destroying land of Socialism." David O. McKay, Prophet/President, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
"A secret combination that seeks to overthrow the freedom in all lands, nations and countries is increasing its evil influence and control over America and the entire world." That combination is known as Socialism. Ezra Taft Benson, Prophet/President, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
"The paths we are following, if we move forward thereon, will inevitably lead us to Socialism or Communism, and these two are as like as two peas in a pod in their ultimate effect upon our liberties. We may first observe that Communism and Socialism - which we shall hereafter group together and dub Statism – cannot live with Christianity nor with any religion that postulates a creator. The slaves of Statism must know no power, no authority, no source of blessing, no God, but the State." J. Rueben Clark, First Presidency, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
"Cosmos is my God. Nature is my God.... The future society will be a totally new civilization which will synthesize the experience of Socialism and Capitalism." Mikhail Gorbachev, Secretary General, Communist Party, Leader of the USSR
"No true Latter-day Saint and no true American can be a Socialist or a Communist or support programs leading in that direction. These evil philosophies are incompatible with Mormonism, the true Gospel of Jesus Christ." Ezra Taft Benson, Prophet/President, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
"No member of this church can be true to his faith, nor can any American be loyal to his trust, while lending aid, encouragement or sympathy to any of these false philosophies, for if he does they will prove snares to his feet." David O. McKay, Prophet/President, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
"If America is destroyed, it may be by Americans who salute the flag, sing the National Anthem, march in Patriotic parades…but Americans who fail to comprehend what is required to keep our Country strong and free - Americans who have been lulled away into a false security." Ezra Taft Benson, Prophet/President, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom - go home from us in peace! We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may your posterity forget that you were our Countrymen!" Samuel Adams, American Patriot
"Wherefore the Lord commandeth you, when ye shall see these things come among you that ye shall awake to a sense of your awful situation, because of this secret combination which shall be among you." The Prophet Moroni, Ether 8: 23-24
5 comments:
These were interesting quotes. Thanks for posting.
Wow! I hadn't read a lot of those quotes before. Definitely some food for thought.
I don't know that I liked this. It kind of freaks me out about the future of our country. I'm pretty sure that I've mentioned that I feel like I need a dictionary with you two, but I'm saying it again. You need to use smaller words for those of us with smaller brains than you. Every post I'm like "huh!?!" I'm not even going to attempt to read the long post above because I know I'll be confused within the first few paragraphs.
these were very interesting quotes. thanks. it did bring up some questions for me. i guess i'm curious what you're referring to. what exactly do you mean by "socialism", and do you have any examples of the secret combinations or evils of socialism today? how do you view it as a threat to us now? we noticed that the quotes were all by leaders during the cold war era.
you probably don't want to get too political on your blog (actually i'm sure YOU wouldn't mind, mark, knowing you), but i'm just curious about the background of your post.
thanks. wish you were here sweatin' in october.
Socialism is what O'Bama wants. He wants government regulation over everything. It is one step away from Communism. USSR = United Soviet Socialist Republic.
Post a Comment