SCOUT MASTER!!!!!
Just kidding. That's our nephew, Thayer. We went to his Eagle Court of Honor on Saturday night. We're pretty proud of him. And - many of you people here on the Wasatch Front will now have the opportunity to partake in his service. He built a bridge on the Jordan River Parkway.
GOOD JOB THAYER!
No, Mark is not Scout Master. (Mark says, "Thank goodness I'm not scout master!")
Mark is now the 2nd Counselor in the Parliament Park bishopric.
SECOND COUNSELOR!
Holy shneikies.
But, it's exciting. It's a new challenge, and something with a ton of rewards. Mark will be great. He's happy. He's glad that he can be of service.
Mark's parents came down, my parents came up. Karen (Mark's sister) and her family came, and all of my siblings and their families/spouses came. Mark's dad ordained him a High Priest, with my dad in the circle. Then the 2nd counselor in the stake presidency set him apart.
We had chili back at our house. Three pots. One mild, one medium, and one hot pot. Karen brought brownies, and Teresa (my brother's wife) brought pumpkin bars. It was good.
It was a good day.
But, just as wonderful as spending quality time with family, was having our testimonies strengthened. Personally, this whole week, I have been trying to focus on my Savior. I have felt His love. I have learned things about Him I have either forgotten or never knew. I have relearned things that I shouldn't forget. I have been humbled.

Here are Mark's thoughts....
I have had impressions for about a month that I was going to be ordained a High Priest in some type of calling, but I kept those thoughts to myself (Andrea just yelped as she saw me type this). When the Stake Executive Secretary called last week, I knew exactly what it was for, but again did not tell Andrea what I was feeling. Anyway, I am very humbled and excited for this new calling, except for being nominated to be the bishopric's spokesman. The previous 2nd counselor was so excited to get released, he gave me his keys when I came up on the stand.
It was funny to hear people wondering why the entire Stake Presidency was at the sacrament meeting. Plus, the Elder's Quorum President asked me to teach the Elder's Quorum lesson next week during Sunday School. I responded, "Um.. ask me again in an hour."
I am so thankful that so many in my family came to share in this day, and especially that my father was able to ordain me a High Priest, just like he ordained me an Elder.
13 comments:
Say goodbye to your husband, Andrea. Just kidding. This is great! Good luck, Mark! (and Andrea)
That is great. Looks like we will have many similar experiences of supporting our husbands in their new callings. How exciting for you!
Good luck, Mark! Fortunately for you, luck has nothing to do with it and the Lord will be there helping you serve. You are both so awesome! Amen to your comments Andrea. I've been going through the same thing this week and I've learned a lot about progression. It's been so neat! Thanks for posting things that are so uplifting! Love ya!
Hey, I think since I guessed Bishop, I get the prize. There is a prize, right?
No really, that is so special. Andrea, it takes a special kind of woman whose husband is in a calling like this... but I know that very special blessings for the family come from it.
Next up: Bishop!
Have fun sitting alone Andrea. I couldn't ever be that strong, which is why we are in Primary.
Wow, that is huge! Congratulations Mark...I think. He wasn't kidding when he said his life would be turned upside down on Sunday.
Wow that is very exciting! I thought for sure you would be the choir director! Hee hee just kidding! Good luck!
Haven't read your blog in awhile. WOW !! exciting news, can't wait to meet this great guy. Steve and I will be at Greg & Carly's for Christmas, hope we get to see you.
Way to go little bro! Of course you'll do fabulous!
Wow!!! I guess this calling runs in the family. I am sure Mark will do great in his calling.
yea! I totally called it! sort of...I was thinking it was going to be in a singles' ward... congratulations...it will be a great experience for the both of you...
Congrats Mark- we were thinking about you this week-end. I wish we could have stopped by. I love the "Hales Angels". Jessi
That is so great! It will an adventure for sure!
Post a Comment