Tuesday, October 21, 2008

In the past year

So, today is 1 year since I left American Samoa. When I left American Samoa it was 85 degrees. When I landed in Salt Lake, it was 35 degrees. I am amazed at how my life has changed since I left.

This is what has happened in the past year...I...
  1. Started a job with Jolley & Jolley as a divorce attorney.
  2. Got a settlement of $1,250.00 from a cell phone company for illegally signing me up.
  3. Met Andrea (on December 31, 2007).
  4. Got engaged (on February 23, 2008).
  5. Married Andrea (on May 24, 2008), the woman of my dreams.
  6. Had my dream wedding reception.
  7. Went on a 7-day cruise to the Caribbean
  8. Gained 30 pounds.
  9. Learned how to ride a motorcycle & took a road trip.
  10. Bought a condo (well put my name on the title).
  11. Lost money in the stock market.
  12. Got ordained a High Priest.
  13. Got put into my ward's Bishopric.
It has been the best year of my life!

4 comments:

Elaine said...

I'm so happy for you Mark!

Anonymous said...

A lot can happen in a year! I'm glad yours has been great. :)

Andrea, Mrs. said...

You also

* Got a leather jacket.
* Turned 33.
* Lost at dominoes.
* Bumped your knee.
* Got scared so bad you screamed like a little girl.
* Accumulated 7 more nieces and nephews.
* Got about three free haircuts.
* Had a physical by a doctor with more than a bachelor's degree.

Marisa Jean said...

What a "boring" year. You really need to have some life changing events occur. Sheesh.