Monday, May 05, 2008

Another Weekend in Ferron

So, Mark feels really blessed. So do I. So do I.

We've spent the weekend in Ferron, where I'm from.

Friday night, on the way to Ferron, we stopped in Price and had dinner with one of Mark's colleagues. That was great. And I ate a huge steak.

Saturday we spent the day working in the yard. We took a truck bed full of tree limbs and a trailer loaded with junk over to the junk yard. We mowed the lawn. Mark and Dad covered up the sprinkler head in the back yard. We bought some new flower pots and three trays of flowers. We planted flowers in all the new pots and all the other flower pots Mom had stashed throughout the yard. We planted tomatoes and peppers. We worked hard.

Sunday we went to church. Then we went down to the nursing home to see Grandma Worthen. And then over to Huntington to see Grandma Guymon. Neither one of them are doing very well. In fact, Grandma Guymon couldn't remember who we were at all. I mean--even after talking to her, she would just say, "Who are you again?"

Mark scared the living bejeebers out of me on Saturday. We were rearranging stuff on the trailer because we decided to add another big thing we hadn't originally planned on taking to the dump. Mark was pulling some stuff stuck under an old useless tiller. He kept pulling while Mom was trying to rearrange some other stuff. All of a sudden, Mark started falling backward--he had lost his grip and then his balance. He fell backward off the trailer, over a big wood plank, and onto the cement porch steps. He landed on his head, on the corner of a step.

I watched it happen. And my heart stopped.

He ended up just getting a big goose egg, and scraping up his right shoulder. But, had he hit his head just a little more to the center of his head.... Or had he landed up one stair (where the corner was more pronounced--not worn off as much).... Any way, you get it. It scared me so badly. (Though that was a scary moment for all, I have to say I have never felt more loved then when Andrea ran over to comfort me.)

I am so thankful. I am so blessed. I agree with all Mark wrote in his last post. And I am so grateful that I have Mark in my life.

No comments: