Wednesday, May 26, 2010

"Hales" or "Haleses"

So, you commonly hear the name "Jones" pluralized to "Joneses." I've thought about my married name off and on for quite a while. We pluralize our name as "Hales." No adding the "es."

I figure we are like deer, sheep, moose, and quail. We are who we are, singular and plural.

I brought this up to Mark a couple nights ago and he said, "I've never thought about that before in my life." Ha! Way funny.

So, there you have it. We are plural without the "es."

P.S. In case any of you forgot the lessons about possessives and pluralizing, pluralizing is not achieved by adding "[appostrophe] s." Thank you. Adding "[apostrophe] s" means you are making it yours.

1 comment:

Elaine said...

That is so funny! I've thought about it a lot and was glad I married someone with a less tricky last name.