Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Random Updates

My Thumb
I hurt my thumb about three weeks before Zachary came. Actually, Mark hurt my thumb--but totally on accident. We were trying to wake up one morning. We were holding hands. Mark decided to turn over--so he did, and he pulled my thumb with him. It popped.

At the time, it felt good. My wrists and hands were hurting from what I assumed was pregnancy-related carpal tunnel issues. I've had pains before from typing a lot. Reading pregnancy emails said that this pain would likely go away after delivery.

Most of my pregnancy pains and such have indeed gone away. But not this. My thumb has popped a lot, it has been weak, and it has been unreliable since then. I've started going to physical therapy for it. And, I get to wear this fancy brace.

Mark's New Calling
Mark got a new calling. We had to go visit with the Stake President together to receive this calling.

Mark was released as our ward's second counselor and is now our ward's first counselor. Hehehehe....

Why the change? Our previous first counselor moved out of the ward.

Now Mark gets to play with the pulpit during sacrament meeting. Maybe it will keep him awake more.

Girls' Night Out
Tonight I'm going to go out to dinner with some friends from my ward. Guess you could say this is my first Girls' Night Out since Zachary. It ought to be fun! Mark will be out doing bishopric visits, so it's a good night to go.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome to the girl's night out and ugh to the thumb! I hope physical therapy helps!! Good luck!

Janet said...

Girl's nights out keep me partially sane. They are the greatest. I hope that you had fun!