Tuesday, September 08, 2009

38 Weeks

So, according to what I've read, as of today, I could deliver a "full-term" baby. That's good news. And, I actually wouldn't mind if he came soon. I am so uncomfortable. Basically, that's the best way to describe how I feel right now.

Uncomfortable.

I have most of the nursery put together. I'm just waiting on my parents to do stuff they promised they would. *sigh* I have the diapers. I have my bags packed. I have clothes for this kid. I have a sheet on the crib. I have a hamper. Pretty much, I'm just waiting for the nursery decorations to come back to me from my folks.

Last night I kept waking up thinking, "Is this a labor pain?" And then it wasn't--it was me just being uncomfortable.

I also kept having dreams about going into labor. One of them included two of the young women from my ward and their moms coming to camp out in our house and then at the hospital while they waited for Baby to come. In my dream, Mark and I had to ask them to leave--but we promised them that they could come back after things had settled down. Strange dream....

5 comments:

lrbodine said...

I have CRAZY dreams when I'm pregnant! I'm sorry you are so uncomfortable. I'm just starting to hit that stage but I've been taking Unisom at night to sleep (with my Doctor's permission) and it's been great. I love the stuff now! Good luck and hopefully this little guy doesn't make you wait too long.

Monica said...

Oh boy! You're getting there. Now you get to consult your mind everytime you have a pain to decide it if is labor. But your little guy will be here before you know it!

Mililani said...

I wish I could have been there to watch you grow....in every way. I'm going to miss the big first events. But once I get back home next year, I will be grandmothering all over the place. Aloha,

Kristie said...

I hear ya on the uncomfortable thing! It will be over soon and then you won't even remember any of the uncomforts of pregnancy, you will be too busy with your cute new bundle of joy!!! :)

Marisa Jean said...

I'm sorry you are so uncomfortable. It'll be so nice when your itchy hand goes back to normal and you can wear normal clothes again. Plus if you have him soon, then we can finally see what the heck this baby will look like. I'm so curious!