Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Grandma Glenda Pearl Nielsen Worthen

Glenda Pearl Nielsen Worthen, Grandma, passed away last night, May 19, about 10:00 pm. She passed away at the Emery County Nursing Home in Ferron, Utah. She was surrounded by family at the time.

On Friday, May 15, Grandma suffered from a powerful stroke. She’s suffered through many strokes in the last few years. She almost passed away in February of 2008—but she miraculously recovered and even attended my wedding in Manti.

Grandma is going to be seriously missed. But, we’re all so happy for her. It’s so nice to know that she’s back with the love of her life, Grandpa Clive Worthen, after almost 14 years. It’s so nice to know that she’s not in pain any more. And, it’s so nice to know that she lived the kind of life we could all hope to live.

She’s left behind a great family, and, I’m certain, many flowers.

Her funeral will be in Ferron on Saturday, May 23.

7 comments:

Lindsey said...

Oh, Andrea, I'm so sorry to hear this but happy that she is at peace now and with Uncle Clive. I can't tell you how much I loved your Grandparents. Whenever we had family reunions I always looked forward to seeing them, even as a little girl, because I knew that Aunt Glenda would give me a big hug and the best treat, and Uncle Clive would give me an even bigger bear-hug and tell me a funny story. I am so grateful that they are reunited now. Your family is in my thoughts and prayers!

Elaine said...

Andrea--So sorry to hear about the loss of your Grandma. I'm glad she was able to attend the wedding and you had time to visit with her near the end.

Mililani said...

Malama pono Andrea. I did love meeting her and feeling of her spirit. Aloha, Mili

Ticklemedana said...

oh friend...I'm so sorry to hear that. But you're right, she is far better off now that she is reunited with loved ones. My heart goes out to your family. Love you!

Troy and Segi said...

She will be missed greatly...and we are so happy that she is back with the love her life:)

Hannah S said...

I am sorry to hear about the loss of your grandmother. That is special that she was at least able to attend your wedding. You've got a great perspective on life, the eternal one. :)

Michelle said...

Sorry to hear about your loss. It is never easy to lose a grandparent and I hope you will be blessed with peace.