Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Grandma Worthen

My grandma, Glenda Worthen, is dying. She had a couple of strokes this weekend and hasn't snapped out of them. I'm sad.

She's lived a great life. She has five children. She has 28 living grandchildren (1 has passed on). Most of her grandchildren are married. I don't even have a clue how many great-grandchildren she has--zillions.

She served a mission as a young woman.

She's been a great asset to the town I grew up in (Ferron)--as she volunteered not only in church capacities, but also in the elementary and in other service organizations.

And, she was my best friend for quite a few years growing up.

I love my grandma.

4 comments:

jlbunting.com said...

Sorry to hear about your grandma. That's a tough time. It's bittersweet because she's had a good life but life is hard when you get old. And when she's gone she will really be missed. Aren't grandmas great!?

Tuesdee said...

Andrea, I'm so sorry to hear about your grandma! She was a great asset to our community! I've lost all of my grandparents and it is hard to see them go. But think of it this way. Look at what she gets to look forward to. How many people are up there waiting for her return?!!

Ticklemedana said...

so sorry to hear about your grandma. As someone who has lost both parents, one grandma and never knew her grandfathers, I know what you're going through. You'll get through it and I'm sure you have a lot of good memories...that's what keeps them alive.

Ashley said...

I am sorry about your grandma, my grandma just passed away and my other one a few months ago, it has been difficult, so I can understand what you are going through.