
Dear Little Boy,
We’re so excited that you are coming to our home! We can’t wait to meet you.
Right now, you’re about one pound and about 10 inches long. Something like that. You’re just tiny. But, when we watched the ultrasound, we can tell a bit about you already….
You’re silly. I’m pretty sure you’re our child—because you’re pretty silly. The ultrasound technician kept mentioning that you were upside down, just chillin’. Your head was pointed downward and you were kind of reclining, with your little legs crossed at the ankles.
You’re active. I can tell you would like to be stretching out a bit more than in the womb, but you also looked quite comfortable. I’m glad you haven’t started pummeling me yet, but I expect that’s coming soon. You were moving your hands and arms around quite a bit.
You’re healthy. According to all the measurements, you’re absolutely normal and great. We’re very happy about that. I’ve actually been worried a little because I don’t know how big I should be right now and I don’t know how often I should be feeling you move. So, it was good news.
You’re cute. You have the cutest little feet. And you have the cutest little hands. And you have the cutest little bum and belly. (I can say stuff like that, I'm your mom.)
You’re loved. Your dad and I were so happy; we just watched in amazement and held hands. Your dad squeezed my hand a time or two when we saw you doing something cute. Your dad loves you very much, as do I.
We’re planning on painting your room green, not blue. Green like a jungle. We expect you to be silly, like a monkey—so we’re going to give you a monkey’s room. We figure you’ll like green more than the purple it is right now.
By the way, when you get older and you realize you had a mullet when you were little—that’s because your dad said you could only have a mohawk if I let you have a mullet. Fair trade I thought.
Yup, we’re looking forward to meeting you. So are all your grandparents, aunts, uncles, family, and other friends. And I’m sure your boy Harper cousin who’ll be coming around the same time you do is excited too.
Love, Your Mom
P.S. Don’t be mad that both your dad and I guessed that you were going to be a girl—we had NO IDEA. We just made a guess and ended up guessing wrong. But, the good news is—all the people close to us guessed you were a boy. Grandma Worthen even said she saw you in a dream the other night.
P.P.S
Dad loves you too.
13 comments:
Yay! I'm so excited for your little man! That was the sweetest letter too. It definitely made me tear up in a couple places. You guys are going to be amazing parents, I'm so happy for you!
That's great! Hooray for little boys! :D
Happy mother's day!! I like the green idea, that sounds fitting for a monkey. And you and your husband are pretty goofy too, so it works. haha, congrats!! again!! And i can't tell you how happy I am that it's a legitimate child born into a legitimate healthy marriage!!
Congrats! Congrats! So exciting - and boys are always so fun.
HOOOORRRAAYYY!!! Boys are so much fun. I loved your letter to him! You are already such a cute little mom. Congrats!
You are so stinking creative--I love the way you told this to the world. I also love that I was right, a boy! YAY! And yes, baby William/Zachary/whatever your name winds up being, you are loved! And a monkey room!?! Who's rockin' idea was that?!?! I LOVE IT!
Yea for boys!! What a lovely letter! Aww... I'm so happy for all of you! I just love babies! They're so special. Brings me to tears just thinking about it. I'm silly like that...
Congratulations! Having a boy first is so dang fun! Glad to hear he's healthy! I'm excited for you.
That is such a sweet post. I love the way you wrote it to him. That's how I scrapbook my girls' baby books. Everything journaled is written to them. I'm so happy for you. He looks so darling in those "pictures". And I also love the monkey room idea. Monkeys are GREAT!
p.s. check out my blog. I just posted what I did for my creative tag.
Andrea, that was so sweet. What a lucky little boy to have a Mom like you! Congratulations on a boy. I can't wait to see his monkey room pics. :)
How awesome! I am so excited about your little boy. Don't worry, John thought for sure we were having a boy and then he was shocked it was a girl. 50/50 chance, right? :)
Oh Andrea, this post is so nice... you are going to love reading this when you have your baby in your arms, and then when he turns, 1 and 2 and 3 and.. you get my point. I'm so happy for you guys, being parents rock!!! we love every minute of it.
Congratulations again!!
Congrats! And what a sweet letter! You're going to be great parents. I just found out the twins I'm carrying are boys as well. :)
Post a Comment