Sunday, March 15, 2009

A Very Busy Week

Sunday
Sunday night we went to the Stake Young Men and Young Women Awards Night. Our stake doesn't have a ton of youth. No young men received their Duty to God award. Only two women (one from our ward) received the Young Woman Recognition Certificate and Young Womanhood Medallion. We're very proud of our young woman.

Monday
Monday night was our only night that we didn't have anywhere to go. We had our family home evening and watched a movie.

Tuesday
Tuesday night we took our youth to the Jordan River Temple to do baptisms for the dead as part of our Stake Conference preparation. We took five young women and five young men. Of those that came, only two young women had been before and only one young man. We tried to answer their questions. They were all so happy to be there. And, we tried to remind them about reverence. Many of our youth don't understand reverence yet. We're trying to teach them though.

There was also another couple from our ward that joined us. They are the parents to one of our Beehives. The mom has just recently been baptized. The dad has been inactive for a long time. It was their first time too. When they realized how busy the baptistry was, they said they wouldn't participate at all. But, we convinced them that they could do confirmations. They did. And they were so happy they did.

Wednesday
Wednesday night Mark and I went back to the Jordan River Temple to do sealings, also as part of our Stake Conference preparation. We participated in a sealing room with our bishop and his wife, a couple named the Martins, a couple named the Painters (their first time ever), and one of the single brothers in our ward. It was so nice. I really appreciate that Mark takes me to the temple to strengthen our relationship, to give me an opportunity to grow, and a chance to spend quality time together.

Speaking of "spending time together," Mark talked to one of his friends this week. She's considering getting a divorce. Mark asked her if they are reading their scriptures together, if they are praying together, and if they are going to church together. She told him "no" to all of those. She told him they go to the temple, but not together. He asked why not. She said because they didn't want to spend the money to get a babysitter for their kids. Mark said, "It's cheaper to get a babysitter than to get a divorce." It is.

Thursday
Thursday night we spent with the youth again. This night we took them to the Draper Temple open house. I loved this too. Most of it, they were reverent. Some of it, they were bored--like in the hallways between rooms. But, it was nice to be able to answer their questions and to tell them about the rooms they were in. It was nice, too, to be able to just teach them things when they didn't know what to ask.

It was nice, too, for me to see that beautiful edifice. I want to make my life a temple-centered life.

Friday
Friday I left work at 3:15. I met Mark at his office at 4:00 so we could drive to Castle Dale. We went down for the night to go to my aunts' play, "Nunsense." I loved it. It wasn't the best play in the whole world, but it was AWESOME because my aunts were in it. They crack me up.

Saturday
Saturday morning Dad made us breakfast. Then we went to the nursing home to see Grandma, but Uncle Paul and Aunt Chris had already taken her away. So, we had to meet them in Lawrence. Mom wanted to fix Grandma's hair so it would be pretty. That was the first time I told Grandma that we're expecting. She's very happy for us.

We left Lawrence about 11:40. We got to Price just a minute behind my parents. They had to take their truck over to get it services. We had lunch together before Mark and I headed back to the Wasatch Front. Yum-o!

Mark had Priesthood leadership meeting (Stake Conference). Then we both went to the adult session. It wasn't just talks--part of it was participation from the audience. It was pretty great. The presiding leader was Elder W. Douglas Shumway of the Seventy. He is a pretty great man.

After that, Mark and I met up with some of our best friends at Cold Stone. Yum-o!

So, yup, we definitely had a busy week. A very busy week.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! A busy week and a lot of temple going! I'm jealous!

Kaye and Jared said...

You definitely aren't lacking in th ebored department. Being busy is good though. What a week!!

Ashley said...

Congrats on the baby news, that is great. I just saw it on your blog. That is great that you are keeping so busy.

Andrea Jolene said...

Dah! I know some of those Nuns!!! Nadine used to teach me dance back in the day. She looks the exact same!

Marisa Jean said...

In my opinion, better busy than stagnant. At least it was fun stuff. I love Nunsense. Such a funny show!

Michele said...

Wow! You did have a busy week. Hopefully things are a little less busy this week. I would love to see Nunsense. I heard it is hilarious!

Mari said...

Not much time to rest. I don't know how you do it all plus work plus being pregnant! I would be soooo tired!