Saturday, March 07, 2009

Small Thoughts on Life

Today I read two very touching blog posts. Each were about the loss of a child.

Nancy is a friend that I grew up with. She saw a story on the news about an infant who was bitten by the family dog--and ended up dying.

A LEGO a Day is a photo blog that I stumbled across. Usually, I get a good chuckle from this simple site. But, today, the author/photographer wrote about the loss of an elementary child he knew who lost the fight to a rare childhood cancer. The picture on it is beautiful.

Right now, I feel so incredibly blessed to have the husband I have, the family I have, the friends that I have, and the opportunity to have my own child. I know that I need to cherish the important people in my life even more. And, I also know that I need to do my best in all my responsibilities.

3 comments:

lrbodine said...

Isn't that baby story so sad! It's a family here in Mesa that it happened to - the parents are both police officers. Breaks my heart for them! I've always been paranoid about my dogs around Ellie but I think it's more to protect them from her.... lol.

Marisa Jean said...

Nothing breaks my heart as much as hearing that child has been killed. I think we are all very lucky to be alive and should live each day as if it's our last. I guess I shouldn't get so mad about little things like food showing up late for a meeting or my husband using my towel in the bathroom instead of his. Thanks for this post.

Janet said...

such a great post! Thanks for the reminder of what is important. I hope your feeling good!