Friday, February 06, 2009

My Plan to Stimulate the Economy

As I was brushing my teeth this morning, I came up with an idea to "stimulate" the economy. I had just watched the Today show on NBC discussing the urgency of this bill and Obama's passionate pleas to get this legislation passed. However, my idea is much better than spending $800 billion on a dog park, as currently being debated in DC.

My plan.. a National Lottery for $1 Billion... tax free.

Not only can you buy a ticket (lets say for $25), but you can receive tickets from business for various purchases. So, you buy a new TV.. you get tickets, you buy groceries... you get tickets.. you purchases stocks.. you get tickets.

Obviously the ticket would have like a lot of numbers (20-30), each ranging from 0-99. In addition, you have to be a US citizen to claim the prize.

I think this will stimulate the economy much better and faster than the current proposals.

What do you think?

Join my facebook group!

6 comments:

Elaine said...

hmmm...so now I know your true feelings about gambling...

Melanie said...

Amen sista!!! Stimulate the economy in a real way instead of padding pockets at the top.

Marisa Jean said...

Genius!

Sean, Jessi and Jaydn Coletti said...

So, then the really, really rich people can buy like 100,000,000 tickets and basically BUY the lottery! I guess that would still stimulate the economy somewhat, but then everyone else would be mad.

Kimber's Blog said...

I love this idea. However, I would not get very many points since I too have to cut down on expenses.

Sam and/or Monika said...

that's awesome! lol. hey, your profile picture went perfectly with your comment about the crazy cat story! lol.