1. I watched the Samoan temple burn down. It made my heart sick.
2. I ride a motorcycle. I also persuaded my husband to learn to ride.
3. I’m obsessed with making documents look good. I tend to critique other people’s documents, even though I have managed to not say my “suggestions” out loud.
4. I used to get mail for another Andrea M. Worthen when I was in college. Then it stopped happening for a long time. But, last fall, she contacted me on Facebook and said that the county had sent her a tax statement for me. Grrrrr…….
5. One time my cousins and I put makeup on Grandpa and made his hair pretty. When he woke up, he got really mad.
6. It was said that when I was little, I could either be found out swinging or down at Grandma’s hanging out with her.
7. I have never been to Canada. I only first went to Mexico last May. But, I have been to Samoa, Jamaica, the Cayman Islands, the Bahamas, Greece, Turkey, New Zealand (the airport), and Switzerland (the airport). I have also been to American Samoa (a US territory).
8. I am afraid of spiders and snakes. But, mostly I’m afraid of them surprising me. I’m okay if I know they’re there. The scariest spider I’ve ever seen was in my house in Samoa. It was at least four inches across.
9. I love getting real snail mail. I also love sending it. It makes me happy. I’d be glad to send you a note.
10. My husband thinks I’m weird. He told me he wouldn’t have married me if I wasn’t as goofy as I am.
11. I love American Idol. I’m not obsessed, but I do get a great deal of pleasure from it.
12. I actually showed up for class one day (as an undergrad) and was horrified when I realized the paper the professor was handing out was a test. I had skipped that class so often, I didn’t have a clue what was going on. I got 17%.
13. My favorite shoes when I was in third grade were some red leather high tops. They rocked! I wore them with everything.
14. I have never been pulled over. But, I often wish I could give tickets to the crazy drivers I see every day.
15. I played in band until my second year at BYU. My clarinets got progressively bigger.
16. I hiked Mt. Timpanogos once (last summer). I will never do it again. My knees still hurt.
17. I used to be a regular at the Senate and House of Representatives buildings. I worked in DC.
18. In junior high, I helped our eighth grade win Battle of the Classes. I entered a contest where I had to look like a guy. It was easy for me: I had short hair. I can’t remember who helped me, but they used permanent marker to draw facial hair on me.
19. I have the most wonderful parents. They’re seriously the best. I tell people all the time.
20. I was with my mom when she found out my little sister was a girl. I was also in the delivery room when my little sister was born: I got to touch her before my dad did.
21. I threw up in Gart Bros. in Price when I was in 11th grade. I was very sick. My parents took me straight to the hospital.
22. My dad always told me, “Marry the first time for money, the second time for love.” Well, I guess I’m skipping the “first time” bit. We’re not rich, but we are in love.
23. I wish I was a stellar athlete of some sort or another. I was always asked at college if I played sports. Sure, I play – but I never competed in anything except church ball and intramurals. I was too chicken to try out for anything in junior high and high school.
24. I beat all my brothers and most of my cousins at a shooting contest one family reunion. Only one cousin, Troy, beat me. That was one of my proudest moments…. *sniff*
25. I want lots of dogs—big ones, small ones, medium ones. I don’t want them all necessarily at the same time. But, I want them. Except I hate poodles. Sorry, but I do. I would LOVE a Great Dane right now. My honey says no. So does the HOA. Dang.
8 comments:
I love the randomness!! Thanks for sharing! It's fun to get to know you more!
Those are definately some random things. I think it would take me for ever to come up with the variety that you have!
I love getting letters in the mail too!
17% :) I love this kind of stuff!!! You are so awesome.
I highly recommend Canada. Try Banff.
How fun! I loved reading all about you!!
What a fun (and very interesting) list! I love learning all of these new things about you. Thank you for sharing.
I like American Idol too. Simon makes me laugh and I think he's more right than the other judges.
So tell me all I need to know about the Bahamas! Seriously! Hey, I love snail mail too. You could send me a note divulging all you know! ;) Um... All you know about the Bahamas that is!
Post a Comment