Friday night we went to the FREE dinner. That’s right, Ladies and Gentlemen, the town hosted a FREE dinner for anyone who was willing to come to the rodeo grounds. We had grilled marinated chicken, a big pile of salad (with fresh garden tomatoes), a baked potato, and a brownie. To drink: lemonade or water. It was delicious. And so worth every second we stood in line (which was only about five minutes).
Right after the breakfast was the parade. According to Mark, the best parade in the state is the Orangeville parade, but Ferron is a close second. Our grocery bag was approximately three pounds heavy with candy by parade’s end.
My little sister, McKayla, was in the parade twice – once as a Peach Days royalty, and once as a San Rafael Bulldog Student Council member. She looked so pretty.
After we gorged ourselves on my mom’s Navajo tacos, we headed down to the rodeo grounds again. This time: Demolition Derby. While we waited for the derby to start, Mark and I spotted rednecks like unto ourselves. I won the Mullet Spotting contest. I saw this kid, about 12 or 13, who had this beautiful/scary mullet: fluffy on top like Billy Ray Cyrus used to have, long and bleached in the back.
My car was a lemon. But, not quite as much as Dad’s car.
Sunday morning we all went to church together. Following church, we took a quick couple group shots. This one was my favorite of us.
It was a great Peach Days/Family Reunion weekend!
14 comments:
There's nothing quite like a Peach Days demolition derby--good times!!!
Sounds like a fantastic weekend!!!
I can't believe that we missed each other! We were totally down there too. Sad. I would have loved seeing you. Maybe next time!! :)
By the way, the mullet kid is fourteen, and I disowned him for it. His name is Wyatt and he is a hick to the heart.
You can always count on those hometown parades to give out tons of candy. I am wondering how your sister was in the parade twice? Once in the beginning, then ran back to the end and did it again?
ha ha...you small-towners crack me up! (this coming from the oklahoman!)
I just wanted to say thanks for all the wonderful comments! I have to say that the best way to get to know someone almost intimately is to read their blog...And I have really enjoyed getting to know you better reading yours. (Even though, TECHNICALLY, we've known each other for...gads...11 years? wow...we're old!)
Anyway, thanks again!
It's posts like these that get me really jealous! I love that you got to spend so much time with your family. That's the one downside to moving all over creation. I miss mine so much! I've actually never been to a Ferron Peach Days celebration but it sounds like a lot of fun! Those small town celebrations usually are a blast! Fun traditions!! You and Mark are building so many fun memories together!
whatEVER, Mark. Have you ever been to a Castle Dale parade? Spectacular!
Looks like good times! It's always so fun to get the whole family together! And who doesn't love free food!
Yes! Peach Days! Where I'm from, Pleasant Grove we have Strawberry Days.....best daggum berries you ever had! But...I think our royalty are on floats, but I bet they'd much rather be in a golf cart!
Your family is so grown up! You will have to post a picture with names because I haven't seen you all in ages and I don't know who's who...I know names but not faces.
Hey Andrea as a reply to the comment on mine, you are not getting squishy! I saw your pics from peach days and you look hot :)
What a fun weekend! I love the family picture, what a beautiful group!
Even though you don't have peaches, they do sound good. Where's the fantastic picture of you and Mark? I hate to admit this, but I've never been to a demolition derby. Pathetic, I know. I'll just have to live vicarioiusly through you.
Andrea!!! I am so happy you checked out my blog! I browse yours all the time! (I didn't know you rode motorcycles!) You are awesome! I love the peach days pics, I was there too! Sorry I missed you! Brooke
Post a Comment