Wednesday, September 10, 2008

It Started with a Snicker

That's how it started: with a snicker. And then it got bigger - to a chuckle. Then it finally exploded into a full laugh.

I was supposed to be reverent.

What happened? Mark was saying our family prayer last night, and he said, "Thank you that we're helpy and hap...helpy and...HEALTHY and happy...."

8 comments:

Marisa Jean said...

This sounds like EVERY family prayer Jonathan and I have. When I was still single, my immediate family stopped asking me to say the prayer because I would always say things that would make them laugh. Good thing you'll be able to always look back and laugh about this.

Unknown said...

lol! Now your comment on facebook makes so much sense. I bet the Lord was chuckling too. He did give us our sense of humor after all. :)

Janet said...

That's classic. Our kids say some of the funniest (and sweetest) prayers ever.

Goldthorpe Family! said...

Sounds like Mark needs more sleep. :)

Mac! said...

Dude, sometimes, I say, "and please bless Dustin and Leaigh, and Anthony and Teresa as they travel," when they are coming home for the weekend.

Nikki said...

snicker snicker... you make me snicker. Thank you that we're helpy.

nancy said...

LOL very funny.Its funny what comes out. Remind him that we are not to be SO repititious and he should mix up his prayers.. oh wait.. HELPY does that

Glad we are Helpy to

Nakki said...

Ha, ha...at least he's praying!!