Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Because He Loves Me

Mark loves me.
He really does.

So, I ride a motorcycle. I have ridden a motorcycle for over two years now. I originally got my motorcycle because of various reasons. But, I love it. Last year, I hung out with my motorcycle buddies almost all summer. We even did a four-day ride to Yellowstone.

When Mark and I first started dating, he told me that my riding a motorcycle was okay with him. I told him that not riding a motorcycle was okay with me. (Though, it seems like all my family and friends are concerned with his lack of motorcycle history.)

But, Mark did something to impress me. And everyone else. Because he's soooooooo awesome.

Mark took a motorcycle class.

He took it on August 4 - 7. He left work early and didn't get home until about nine o'clock each day. He had two days in a classroom setting talking about the mechanics of motorcycle riding and motorcycle safety. He also had two days at a parking lot, on a bike.

I went to the riding course on Thursday (his last night) and spied on him. I wanted pictures to prove he took the class. He's so awesome....

Yesterday he went to the DMV and officially got his motorcycle learner's permit. He's been riding my motorcycle and Jarom's motorcycle to practice for the riding test--so he'll be entirely official.

Let me clarify. I past the riding test already, and can be endorsed up to 649 cc, but because of the new stupid law, if I want to be fully endorsed for any size motorcycle, I have to pass the test on a bike larger than 650cc. So, I am using Jarom's bike to take the riding retest.

Yah, he's incredible.
He is soooooooooo awesome.
What a catch.
*sigh*

10 comments:

Aimee said...

Mark's a better spouse than I am. Jake's had a mororcycle for a year now and I haven't even thought to take a class! Not a bad idea though!

Sam and/or Monika said...

hey andrea,
i met your sister-in-law, jeanette. she's the sister of jill who is a family friend of the crowfoots. it was pretty cool to make a connection. glad you guys are having a blast!

Elaine said...

Wow Mark! Cool! Was it like the courses Dad used to teach? I still remember riding around on the back of those motorcycles on the driving range.

Marisa Jean said...

Mark needs to talk Jonathan into taking dancing lessons for my sake! But yes, Mark does love you and that was so sweet of him to do that. What a guy!

Nikki said...

You. are. so. cool. I had no idea you ride a motorcycle! I've always wanted to but am surrounded by people who say they'll drown me if I so much as SIT atop one. They say that would be a prettier death. Bunch a' kill-joys.

Janet said...

WOW that is love! Ben loves golf and I can't hit the ball worth anything, but he is trying to teach me to play tennis. I look and feel ridiculous trying to learn but it's what ya do when your in love!

Unknown said...

Awesome! Way to go, Mark! I don't think I could get my hubby on a motorcycle for any amount of love or money!

Hannah S said...

wow. impressive. I like the photo collage. How did you make it?

Carolina said...

Wow. I'm going to sign Kendall up for Latin dance class.

He's going to hate me.

Sherene said...

He does love you. M started learning how to play basketball when we started dating, and I starting surfing. Its fun to expand our horizons. You will be an adorable pair on the road.