
So, after we finished taking pictures at the temple and got our grab bag of food--we headed to SLC. Home. Together as husband and wife for the first time. Kind of exciting. Mark carried me over the threshold. I'm glad he did--I've always looked forward to that.We only had time to change out of our "picture" clothes and into our t-shirts.

These t-shirts are AWESOME! Mark's cousin, Brent, designed them for us. (He works for Sansegal, so you should support his art: http://www.sansegal.com/.)My t-shirt says "Bride" and Mark's says "Groom." The little squiggly under "Bride" is a WHIP! Hahahah!!! And Mark's two O's are two balls connected with a chain. Heheheh... HE'S MINE!
Our siblings and parents were asked to wear corresponding t-shirts that say "Family." My family and I have the script font from our wedding announcements. Mark and his family have the block font. And, on the back of all of them was our initial insignia. Oh--and my three brothers had black aprons instead of the gold t-shirts.

We hurried over to the park and got there at about 3:45. When we arrived, nothing had been set up. It kind of freaked me out for a minute. Then I thought, "What am I going to freak out for? It will all work out." And--it did.Balloons were blown up. Tables were covered. My friend, Jorie, made some really simple and great table decorations (LOVED them). The cake arrived. Pictures were arranged.

The food arrived at about 4:30. (I'm pretty disappointed with Costco regarding this issue--and I can explain if you need the details.) My brothers got right to the cooking.We had hamburgers, hot dogs, potato salad, chips, veggies, pop, popsicles, and cake.
Friends and family arrived right on time too. And--that was the best: the family and friends.
Mark had lots of family come that had previously said they would be unable to attend. I know Mark appreciated their love and support. So did I. In fact--Mark has mentioned a couple times how it turned into a little family reunion and how glad it made him.

Lots of my family and friends came too. If they only knew how much I appreciated each and every one of them who came. I remember too--so don't think I didn't notice. There were some people who didn't come that I expected, and I noticed.We didn't have a line, because neither Mark nor I have ever wanted to stand in an awkward line. We know how much we dislike lines at receptions we go to--so we didn't have one. And it turned out great. Not only did we get to talk to the people we wanted, but our parents and families had the same experience. It was sweet!

The cake was AWESOME. Originally I didn't care. Then, I thought I better have one. I tried to get my friend to make one, but she never returned phone calls or emails. So, I started looking to buy one. But, my sister-in-law volunteered to make one. I told her I would love that. She made it the day after she got back from her belated-honeymoon. She made it at her sister's house. It was AWESOME. We served it as a dessert option--and it was sooooooo yummy!Oh yah--and we didn't smash it in each other's faces. We decided that we didn't want to be sticky and such. We just wanted to be nice to each other. So--we were. Yah baby! You can think what you will--but both of us agreed to it, even without threats.

Honestly, I don't think I would have done ANYTHING different about the day. There were obviously glitches, but they had nothing to do with our preparation. Everything that day turned out so well, I was just sooooooooooo happy. I'm still happy when I think about it. And I get all grinny (I just made that word up) when I look at the pictures. I think everyone had almost as good a time as I did--and that was the intention.Thank you--everyone--for coming to our barbeque! We love you!!!!

All of our BBQ pictures can be found here.Actually--I just got a new CD today filled with pictures from one of my dear friends. The link to those pictures can be found here.
13 comments:
Ben has a few comments:
"Who that crazy guy with Andrea? He crazy! Mark so funny."
"My popsicle! Mommy, give me my popsicle!" (In his most serious and deep voice he can muster.)
That looks like so much fun!! 10 billion times better then a line!!!!!!!!!!
Wow! I wish I could have made it. It looks like everyone had a blast and I love the T-shirts!
I so wish I could have been there. I was not feeling well... give me a brake, I was about to give birth. :) I'm sorry we missed you! You guys look great together.
You look gorgeous. And I am so excited for you guys and all of your adventures! And talking about the food made me hungry... Now I need a burger... :)
You look gorgeous in your pictures and I love the shirts! So creative!
Love the pictures! Wish we could have been there - but it was Matt's family get-together, and since we moved away from them in AZ we have to make the effort for visits. Looks like a great day though!
I love that your "reception" was so true to your personalities. Looks like fun times were had by all! Congrats again - you two are so well matched. :-)
What a great reception! Love the shirts too.
What a party! I love the pictures you've posted here and will eventually get to looking at all of them. I'm sorry I couldn't make it to the BBQ but the open house in Ferron was still a good time too!
Great idea, a reception really should be a party celebrating--wish I would have done it! (Yup, we had the dreaded line!)
"Who's that funny guy with Andrea!?!" How come you didn't post the photo of me? I'm really disappointed. :( It was a fun AND tasty BBQ!
Looked like so much fun! I am glad it all turned out. And I love that cake design. That's exactly what ours looked like except they integrated fishes into the squiggle lines bcse that was our inside thing. I love that design!
Post a Comment