So, I got an email today...one I've received many times before...and it made me smile again. I've posted part of it on the right side of the screen in our quotes section.
My favorite one is: “You really shouldn’t say ‘I love you’ unless you mean it. But if you mean it, you should say it a lot. People forget.”
I actually try to tell people that I love them often--because people do forget. And, it's always a good thing to say.
What does love mean to you?
4 comments:
it's funny you should ask that because I was thinking about how the term gets tossed around so much and has becoming a bit of a shallow word. i think true love is serving without expectations of recompense or reward. I don't like the word selflessness, but i do believe for love to be true, there will be an absence of selfishness.
Wow, I haven't thought about the meaning in a long time. Let me think about it for a little while. GREAT question by the way.
I know that when you have kids, you feel like a part of your heart is walking around.
I guess some words that help me define love are, compassion, understanding, friendship, concern, selflessness, passion, that butterfly in the stomach sensation when I know that Ben is going to be home in a few minutes. Knowing that I would literally die for my family if it came to that.
I've gotten that email before too and it's really cute. It's fun to see the view of things through others' eyes.
To me, love is a verb, an action. It's something we do as well as something we feel.
Vanessa: "Rick, Guess what?"
Rick: "I know, babe, You love me!"
Vanessa: "Oh, shucks, how'd you guess?"
We have this conversation about 619 times a day. Hearing my husband tell me he loves me will never get old and will never loose it's meaning.
Post a Comment