Thursday, July 31, 2008

A Remarkable Woman

For some reason, I am drawn to many things regarding the Holocaust. I own three DVD documentaries. I own a couple books. I tend to watch Holocaust things on tv when I'm flipping through the channels. I've visted the Holocaust museum in DC a few times.

I find great respect for people who came out of the Holocaust--both survivors and heroes. I find great distaste for the Nazis on so many levels it makes me sick.

Well, Mark just emailed me this video clip and I feel obliged to share it. (I tend to forward fewer and fewer emails these days. However, this one is worthy of forwarding.)

This is the type of woman I hope I can be. This is the type of woman I respect and who I think deserves the respect of all.

5 comments:

Nikki said...

What an amazing, inspirational story. Thanks for sharing that.

Elaine said...

Wow! Thanks for sharing that. Her courage and love are definitely worth emulating. Imagine what kind of a world we would have if there were more Irena's.

Anonymous said...

I too am constantly drawn to WWII stories. I love reading anything I can get my hands on about the courageous people who lived during that horror.

Thank you for sharing this video clip.

Ticklemedana said...

I also love Holocaust stories...i had a cool opportunity to take a "History of Anit-semitism" class from a professor at UVU who lives in Salt Lake and is Jewish. That class was amazing. the books we read and discussions we had surpassed ANY book or documentary i've ever read or seen...good stuff...

Monica said...

Enjoyed the clip. We all need to see things like that to inspire us to be more! Thx