You don't know how much I enjoyed last night. IMMENSELY. So, I'll tell you all that happened.
Surprise!
Mark still hadn't come home at 6:00. That was unusual, because he usually tells me when he is going to be late. And I can say "usually" because he's had a key to our condo since March 1st. I kept watching out the window for him. Finally, I watched him turn the corner and pull into our parking lot. He was talking on his cell phone. Just as I had suspected. When he is late like that, he usually calls, or else shows up with the phone to his ear.
I watched him get out of his Bravada and walk to the main entrance. MY CHANCE HAD ARRIVED! I waited a minute and then positioned myself.
I walked to the door, opened it, stepped through (making sure not to lock myself out), closed it, and waited. I waited in the hallway in the little doorway. Mark could either be coming up the stairs or up the elevator. I soon heard him (because he was talking on the phone) coming up the stairs. PERFECT! I stepped to the right side of the doorway and pressed myself against that wall.
Just as he got close enough he would have been able to see me if I didn't make my move--I JUMPED and YELLED "BOO!" Mark yelled, "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" I could see his heart jump up into his neck and his eyes bulge! Mark broke into a cold sweat and leaned against the other wall--quivering as he told our friend, Phil, that it was me that just scared him.
I have been laughing ever since.
I had to let Mark lean on me as I pulled him into our condo. Poor fellow. He said his final words to Phil and then he headed to the bedroom to change his shorts.
Mark is mad at me--but can only be a little mad, because I am still laughing hysterically and begging him to not be mad at me.
Our First Married-Couple Date
To follow tradition, Mark and I bought gifts for each other for our wedding. I was super excited to give Mark his (I got him new scriptures). But, I was just as excited to get what he gave me: tickets to STOMP and the pair of earrings I was debating on whether or not to buy to wear for our wedding pictures. (Mark really has a good memory for things I've mentioned in passing I'd like.)
After I got enough composure and Mark changed (his pants and shirt--because we are going on our first married-couple date), we left. We drove to the Sonic on 1300 S State Street for our dining enjoyment. We both got this really great burger--I forget what they named it. But, it had two patties, pepperjack cheese, American cheese, and a sweet and spicy habenero sauce. We also got black cherry Sprites. Yum!
Then we drove to find a parking spot near the Capitol Theater. That was a pain in the behind. But, we finally found a free spot about two blocks away. Perfect! :-D
STOMP was so AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had sooooooooo much fun. Not even kidding. I always thought it would be fun to go--but it was way more fun than I had expected. It was two hours of music-making noise and comedy. The only bad part was the lady sitting directly in front of me who insisted on leaning forward 3/4 of the time, thereby blocking the main portion of my view half of the time. Oh well. I still LOVED it!
STOMP is something the whole family can enjoy. There were no sexual gestures. There was no foul language (because no words were ever spoken). There was no violence. It was just good, pure, entertainment. I highly recommend going. And I'd LOVE to go again.
Matching Charley Horses
This morning, Mark thought he woke me up like about 5:30. I guess that's when he started stirring. I didn't reach consciousness until about 6:08 (according to his clock). He said he was sorry for waking me up--but I didn't mind, I slept very well and told him so. All of a sudden--I got this major charley horse in my right calf. I started flailing around. Mark said, "Charley horse?" I said, "Yes." He said, "Me too!" Yah--how weird is that? Charley horses in the right calf at the same time in the morning! Ha!
Any way, I'm still laughing about last night. I had such a good time. Mark's gift to me was perfect. I love my Mark!
8 comments:
I love reading your blog. You are SO funny.
I would have slapped you if you jumped out at me like that but I have to admit I've done things like that plenty of times also. STOMP looks really cool! I want to go but I'm saving my pennies for Wicked next year in SLC! Woo hoo! The charlie horse thing is weird, really. Are you sure he wasn't just trying to be cool and copy you? ;)
Andrea,
Thanks for stopping by my blog how fun it was to read yours and catch up on what you've been up to! As I a was reading your last post I was getting ready for the part about Mark sucker punching you because he was so scared. But I was prepared for nothing...what a gentleman!
That is really funny about scaring him!! :) Made me laugh! I loved seeing all the great pictures from your trip. Looks like you guys had a great time.
I know how you got charley horses in the same place at the same time... you both ordered and ate the same exact Sonic burger and black cherry Sprites... you two are just so cute!
You two are awesome! I never could scare James like that. I guess I'm not very intimidating!
Congrats on the wedding and everything else. I am really happy for your guys. You are a great couple and seem like you are having a lot of fun. Enjoy the carefree days of dating without kids.
I love how you jumped out and scared him half to death -- hilarious!!!
Post a Comment