Monday, June 30, 2008

An Interesting Project

Mark forwarded an email to me this morning that I found very intriguing. So, I'm going to share it with you here.

Hey everyone!

These days I seem to have too many projects but I wanted to get started on another on that will take awhile to collect all the info that I want, so I thought I would get started.

A few years ago I heard of this book that was put together where people mailed in an anonymous postcard with some secret they had. I have seen the book and most of it was negative either towards themselves or someone else. I liked the idea but did not like the content. I sometimes think that our society can be very negative and that we all have secrets which we mostly think are negative.

However, I feel we all secretly think good about ourselves but feel that we should not express what we like about ourselves to others because of what they may think or because we are taught not too, etc. So, I have a project that I want to put together about the good that we all have and are aware of. I would love if you could take the time to email me what it is you like about yourself. It could be a sentence, paragraph, whatever. Be as creative as you would like. You can reply by email or you can mail it too me if you want it to be anonymous.

Send to:
yellowvwbus3@yahoo.com

or

S Winzeler
2702 W Shadyhollow Loop
Lehi, UT 84043

I hope to put them all together in some sort of book, blog or website. Please foward this email to all those you know so that I can gather a large collection of positive thought. I won't put anyones name to their submission unless they want it there. I will also try to get some sort of info. on the final project out to those who submit their positive thought when it is competed. Thanks for your help, it is much appreciated.

Not only am I interested to see the final project (whenever that may happen), but I would like to see what you would write to her. If you're feeling up to it--I'd love to have you share your thoughts here on our blog. I'll start with what I emailed her.

I try to live by the Golden Rule--it's something that is very important to me. Because of that, one of the things I like best about myself is--

I THINK I'M AN AWESOME FRIEND.

I'm the kind of friend I would want to have. And, I try to pass that along to other people. It makes my days happier, and probably healthier.

5 comments:

Carolina said...

I think you're right--you are an awesome friend!

Ticklemedana said...

I would probably write...hmm...

I am very loyal...I'm very self-sacrificing for my friends and my family...I have a great boobs...=D

hee hee hee hee hee....

Tuesdee said...

I haven't posted because I think it is HARD to talk positively about yourself...

I feel I am a genuine person, what you see is what you get. I don't put on acts or try to be something I'm not. I'm pretty easy go lucky...

By the way you are an AMAZING friend, and so much more!

Mari said...

Andrea, I'm finally getting caught up on blogs and am just reading this for the first time. I think this is a great idea! I've seen the website with the postcards with peoples' secrets on them. It's kind of funny, but it is mostly negative.

You ARE a great friend! I love how you keep in touch and on top of things so well. I also agree with Tuesdee in that it can be hard to think of something good to say (out loud) about ourselves- which is sad, but true. So I'm trying to think really hard here.

I've realized that I'm not dumb. That may sound silly but I've always thought of myself a little that way. But now I'm discovering I know a lot of things and actually have a good amount of common sense.

Mercedes said...

I sent one in! I wrote that I like my eyes. They change color and they're interesting, and they can look right through you, sometimes. But I hope they're warm most of the time.

You were absolutely stunning at your wedding, btw. I wish we could have stayed longer.