The email from Aunt EA today:
Mom is about the same. I honestly don't know what is keeping her going. I don't think she has had 1000 calories in over a week. However she has had more to drink this week than she normally drinks in a month - literally. Before this past week, she would drink less than a small bottle of water/liquids in a day. Now it isn't unusual for her to drink 3 or 4 a day. In fact her face has filled out a little, as the rest of her body dwindles away.
Her mind isn't good at all. She will fixate on one thing and that all she thinks about during the day.
This is so strange...especially since last week on Wednesday, we were told she pretty much was gone. She is gone, though, in her mind. She isn't Grandma. Well, not the Grandma I know and grew up with.
But, I still love her. And I admire my aunt and those helping to take care of Grandma.
2 comments:
I'm so sorry Andrea, that's so hard to go through. Your family is definitely in our prayers. Love you, The Lams :o)
Sad. I'm sorry!
After my grandma jo got diagnosed with cancer, we had a similar wait and it was heartbreaking!
Post a Comment